The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

stroker crazy said:
I fitted a 17T front sprocket I also fitted a 35T rear ...

... Hi Crazy ... did that combo give you more low down torque, or higher top end speed ?

I'm chasing more low down torque (hilly area where I bike). What's your recommendation?

I know when I changed my Duc Monster's front sprocket to a lower count, the change was very dramatic, changed the bike's feel completely. Was hoping to do the same on the Ace.

Haz

The larger front sprocket reduces stress on the chain, so it's a good idea!

Unfortunately I don't have a stand (yet!). I wheeled the bike about ten metres, then removed the sprocket and chain to see where it had rubbed against the case.

It might work for you as well.

Crazy

Hazza00 said:
What's your recommendation?

The 17/35 gives me more top speed at the expense of mid-range torque.

It works well enough for about 100-110kph without too much revving, but lacks a bit on the uphill. It would be hopelessly over-geared if not for the 150cc conversion!

A future modification I have in mind will reduce this gearing somewhat.

ACEitup has fitted a 17T with the standard rear, and find it helps the drive out of corners and uphill quite dramatically.

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
ACEitup has fitted a 17T with the standard rear, and find it helps the drive out of corners and uphill quite dramatically.

... but josephau's said "chain/shifting gear problems after changing the front sprocket to 17T with the stock rear sprocket" ...

hmmm. Confused. Presuming the stock chain can be used with the 17T/stock rear combo, or do I need to change the chain also?

Haz

Just been following along on the chain saga, and for what its worth i would throw chain tightness out there for shifting problems, if the chain is too tight it might bind the output shaft and make it stick.
how much deflection doyou get on the chain when you check how tight it is. the manual tells you you need,.25-35 mm, look on page 54
but im just throwing it out there , might not be the problem.

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

i did not measure the exact figures but i would say it was around an inch above and below. the mechanic had it back to the 15T for now and its running fine.

or maybe my mechanic just being lazy to test it for me.

i might have another go later on.....

should i loosen up the chain a bit more ?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
i did not measure the exact figures but i would say it was around an inch above and below. the mechanic had it back to the 15T for now and its running fine.

or maybe my mechanic just being lazy to test it for me.

i might have another go later on.....

should i loosen up the chain a bit more ?

[/quote

no thats good, 1 inch is about 2.5cm so its fine

Too tight can put a strain on out put bearing, but if chain is very slack it makes for a sloppy gear change as the rear wheel is snatching at drive shaft when changing gear.

Also you need to be checking the chain tension while your sat on your bike as it tightens up as suspension goes down.

Hi all,

Wanted to give my bike its first oil change at the weekend, don't have the handbook on me I was just wondering what type of oil people have been using and how much should I expect it to take? Also any other tips for the first change?

Many thanks,
Ricky

im using 15w-40 valvoline synthetic without friction modifers (its in an ornge bottle, 1ltr)
a full oil change s 800ml of oil, they dont take much so change it fairly often.

Question.

This behaviour may be completely normal, but wanted to check. When the bike is cold, and been sitting in first, clutch in there is some resistance if I push the bike forward, or if I start it can push forward a tiny bit. Its as if the clutch is slightly engaged.

If I push the bike forward (with clutch in) a couple of inchs or start there is no further feeling that the clutch is engaged just slightly.

Also, I can only shift into neutral when the bike is running and release the clutch slightly in first to get the gears spinning then can shift into neutral.

Is this normal or is my clutch adjustment off. Its not a big issue from my perspective, but wanted to check.

ChrisBNE said:
Question.

This behaviour may be completely normal, but wanted to check. When the bike is cold, and been sitting in first, clutch in there is some resistance if I push the bike forward, or if I start it can push forward a tiny bit. Its as if the clutch is slightly engaged.

If I push the bike forward (with clutch in) a couple of inchs or start there is no further feeling that the clutch is engaged just slightly.

Also, I can only shift into neutral when the bike is running and release the clutch slightly in first to get the gears spinning then can shift into neutral.

Is this normal or is my clutch adjustment off. Its not a big issue from my perspective, but wanted to check.

Mine is the same, also curious about that!

its normal for the clutch to stick a little when its cold , to get it into neutral rock the bike back and forth with the clutch out and the bike off to shift into neutral.(the motor likes to be spinning to shift.)
when its running in gear it shouldnt feel like its creeping or stalling

sprocket2cog said:
its normal for the clutch to stick a little when its cold , to get it into neutral rock the bike back and forth with the clutch out and shift into neutral.(the motor likes to be spinning to shift.
when its running in gear it shouldnt feel like its creeping or stalling

Thank you!

ChrisBNE said:
Saw another ACE in Brisbane yesterday.

With a huge Ducati sticker on the tank.

And 2 large air horns.

oh dear.
that would be Vince, he is in the facebook ace group
(im sure thats a bottle opener on the mounting plate for the EGR)

Attachments

• 1920410_10152227328929583_289116685_n.jpg
    1920410_10152227328929583_289116685_n.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 240
回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

what a relief....

finally got the bolts on triple clamp moving and sorted the clip-ons.

Want the clip-on looks so bad so could not wait for the new electric switch from Oo. QA throttle is fitted on with stock switch.

it is loooooking goood...

dumepa2a.jpg

rubyja5a.jpg

Ok so tell me this - how does the reserve work?

Ran out of fuel, switched to reserve. And nothing. Turned her over and kicked her over for 2 mins and nothing.

What the?

Filled up with 8lt at a servo. Main on and away we go.

Back
Top Bottom