YZF750/1000R - The Fly 5

My age...that's the takeaway from that eh? Lol. Yeah Eric, I have 3 grandkids (via my wife) about the same age as your girls and a 21 yr old daughter of my own (no kids there yet, just gray hairs.).

Levi, well, buckle in buddy. You're next.

Kids.

Can't get no respect round here. or whatever it was that Rodney Dangerfield said.

Track time is so worth while. I raced for years in vintage classes and then had fun as a race school instructor with Team Chicago and then retired again and then we got a tiny little RS125 and had a blast at open practice days and when I build a race bike, I try it out and set it set up properly at the track, but havn't done that for a while.

Back to the point, leather suits are not too bad in price unless you want the latest Dainese with air bags. You might think about a two piece so you can take the jacket off when it's hot and you are standing around.

canyoncarver said:
I've been casually looking for a good used track suit in wookie size that would fit me.
Might be easier to kill a cow and wear the carcass :p

And I'll join the consensus, trackdays are about as much fun as you can have with clothes on. Do It!! You won't be disappointed ;)
It's been a few years, but I've done a couple with the DS7, and more than I can count with the Hayabusa. Getting the itch to run the DS7 again though.
576298628_PPcnD-O.jpg

TWA_1515.jpg

Check into your local trackday organizations. The one I ran with over here had loaner suits for those who wanted to get their feet wet without the initial cost outlay. There's another company here who rent out 250 Ninjas as well as suits for trackdays.

So my guy at the HD shop hooked me up yesterday. I wasn't looking but I've wanted one for quite awhile. This came up as a buddy to buddy deal so there was no way I was going to pass on it. 1986 Harley Davidson FXR Lowrider. I'll sort it out over the next few months into a rider.
yzfandnewhd.jpg

Last edited:
Skydiving, the biggest rush I ever had. Leapt out of a perfectly decent plane somewhere over Australia. Everyone needs to do that at least once. And u got to do it for a job. Good man

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

clem said:
What is it in need of? Is it a runner?

I'll do a fuel system flush on it and maybe swap that giant bucket lid of an aircleaner out for something different.
It needs an exhaust, I'm thinking 2-1 with a meg cone.
The rear brake is locked up, flush and clean a both brakes.
I needs tires, some new riser dampers.
I just happen to have a new EarthX battery from Sparck for it.

It needs a seat or two for options. My wife wants to be able to ride this one.

canyoncarver said:
So my guy at the HD shop hooked me up yesterday. I wasn't looking but I've wanted one for quite awhile. This came up as a buddy to buddy deal so there was no way I was going to pass on it. 1986 Harley Davidson FXR Lowrider. I'll sort it out over the next few months into a rider.
It looks like you derailed your own thread, so I have a question about the Harley. Why do many Harleys and maybe other cruisers have a negative angle on the swingarm? Does it work ok? It just seems wrong. I set my bikes up with about 10 degrees or so of drop on the swingarme from the pivot to the rear axle, with the suspension unloaded. If that was my bike, the first thing I would be doing is fitting longer rear shocks to get the SA angle where I am used to it being. Am I wrong in my thinking?

The Jimbonaut said:
Skydiving, the biggest rush I ever had. Leapt out of a perfectly decent plane somewhere over Australia. Everyone needs to do that at least once. ....

Yes, I agree!

Absolutely. I did at DeLand near Daytona one year when we were down there with Team Obsolete.

ex119x said:
It looks like you derailed your own thread, so I have a question about the Harley. Why do many Harleys and maybe other cruisers have a negative angle on the swingarm? Does it work ok? It just seems wrong. I set my bikes up with about 10 degrees or so of drop on the swingarme from the pivot to the rear axle, with the suspension unloaded. If that was my bike, the first thing I would be doing is fitting longer rear shocks to get the SA angle where I am used to it being. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Yep, most threads get derailed from time to time but it's temporary. I'm pretty excited about the new2me FXR and you can see the YZF behind it so it's not cheating. :) It needs a fair bit of sorting, and a list of stuff I'm going to need to source. I might put up a different thread.

As for the swingarm angle, it might be the angle in the picture, I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. I haven't measured the shocks yet. They might be and inch or more shorter than stock but they are nice Progressives.

teazer said:
Absolutely. I did at DeLand near Daytona one year when we were down there with Team Obsolete.

DeLand is supposed to be a pretty cool Dropzone.

I've mostly jumped in New Mexico and road trips to Skydive Arizona in Eloy. Some in Texas and even over in Le Luc, near Nice in France.

Twin Otters FTW!

Back
Top Bottom