Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

Ah, the mind boggling decision about paint. I go through this every time I build a bike and they always end up painted black! I intend to paint my current project blue, but I know it's going to be black. Yet I spend many anxious moments doodling designs in my chosen colors and even laying out tape on the sheet metal only break at the final moment and go with my well worn and chosen color....black! Fortunately there are various shades of black! A friend of mine recently built a near show quality chopper. It came time for paint and he couldn't make a decision. In the end, he shot gloss clear over gray primer and it looks great.

Kidding aside, I like the "clear over steel" on it now. Gives it kind of a raw hand built look.
The only change I'd consider would be maybe adding some flake to the clear. Give it a little Old School flare.

canyoncarver said:
Lol. Yeah, so far that is why mine is just satin clear over steel.

how is the clear holding up on the bare steel? Planning on going that route on the mini bike as well

Redbird said:
Kidding aside, I like the "clear over steel" on it now. Gives it kind of a raw hand built look.
The only change I'd consider would be maybe adding some flake to the clear. Give it a little Old School flare.

Hey, I like that idea. I don't know if I've seen clear/flake.

You are Welcome Sir ;)
I'll PM you an addy where you can send my royalty checks :p

Shined her up a bit last night.
cb9ca9c7cd810953bd425fb3bd763c85.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Went for a shake down with the support crew this arvo. Only two issues so the list is getting smaller.
599462dda097cddf3980eb25ac392e75.jpg

Just under 1 month before it needs to be on the road. Still got a lot of work to do
8cc5fe9cb41e1dc82261aede775056a7.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Odds and sods being worked on off the bike, so right now Tidler is getting the miles in.
aa3bea166289ff537fb4d0f9816b434e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last week sometime...
CB750, after a "Douche and a Powder"
IMG_3029_zpsxemcuphv.jpg

DS7, waitin on me to find the time to change the crank seals
IMG_3028_zpswomwbrrp.jpg

Redbird said:
DS7, waitin on me to find the time to change the crank seals
IMG_3028_zpswomwbrrp.jpg

I like the "DO NOT OPERATE" Tag. I need a few of those for the projects I haven't quite filled with oil yet ;D

I grabbed a few of those "LockOut/TagOut" tags from work. And that's exactly the reason it's on there :p

Back
Top Bottom