New H2R

J-Rod10

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I think I'd throw a leg over this one.

FB_IMG_1477483795816_zps3qegfjpf.jpg

That looks pretty cool but I personally think just globbing old style parts onto new bikes is kinda a design cop out. Its inauthentic, that bike will never be Nixon's H2; its shares nothing with it except name. I totally get that the factory design may not to be some peoples taste either. IMHO the ideal aesthetic is making something that suits the period of the bike with a nod to the past. Its like when people put 20" rims on classic cars; it looks out of place. In reality that front fairing would probably look super weird from the front to accommodate for those large intake tracts. I'm gonna paraphrase here but Shinya Kimura once said something like "You shouldn't design for the past, you should look to it for inspiration and design for the future."

it is a cool concept tho, just seems predictable. thats my $.02

Bit of a mess, but its styling isn't based on an old H2, its based on a French Endurance racer of the early 80's, hence the KVAS decals, etc... I used to watch them race.. yes I'm that old :)

It looks as if someone has photoshopped these two bikes together..

Attachments

• BolDor2015 136.JPG
    BolDor2015 136.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 186
  • BolDor2015 141.JPG
    BolDor2015 141.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 179
I think it looks a lot like the KR750 that nixon rode, but you're right it has a lot of the endurance racer elements of the 80s.

Attachments

• images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 622
As a styling exercise, I like it. If someone built one, I'd love it! 8)

I actually prefer this version, but pretty much the same.

But then I'm kinda partial to new(er) tech with vintage duds. :)

z1 body kit for an '03 z1000:

and a zrx:

and a "retro look" 10r:

;D

J-Rod10 said:
I think I'd throw a leg over this one.

FB_IMG_1477483795816_zps3qegfjpf.jpg
I'd ride the fuck outta that!
Old school style with modern powertrain/reliability.
Fundamentally no different than dropping an LSX/ZF6 into a '67 Camaro.

Back
Top Bottom