cb200 remix

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

link on this brake thingy?

All I did on the faces was outline where the numbers lined up on a piece of paper.I then flipped the gauge over and used the outline as a template to line up the new numbers. The numbers and letters came from a hobby shop. They are transfer style stickers. Place the sticker over the space then rub a pencil over it. The heat releases it to the brushed gauge face. I got the brake light switch from radio shack. Found it in the repair parts bins where they keep the LED lights etc. It has three terminals to make the switch open when closed or closed when opened and the roller was perfect for a smooth operation. Hey thanks again for the nomination! Though I won't win, very tough competition and better photos! Maybe my work's fit and finish will get me close to third place?!
NATE

Cool thanks. You might not do so well as perhaps the other noms have been more present recently. Either way you know your bike is rad. & so do alot of us. Cant wait to see the 350f.

Nate, Pretty slick switch set up there. I might steel that.

Curb, couple guys on here are making replacement gauge faces. I can't remember who offhand though.

Aawww, crap....all these creative mods are going to cost me more money/time on my XS400 project...improvements I didn't even know I "needed".

Love the thread, excellent photos, truly astronomical attention to detail...I gotta get a better welder and new skills....

Hey did you have to rejet your carbs when you put on those pod filters? What size jets are you running? Thanks.
Max

I went up on the main 2 sizes and raised the needles to the max on the stock carbs. I sold the the bike about 2 months ago. the new owner rides by my work everyday on it!
NATE

Back
Top Bottom