Where the hell did Sonic go?

SONICJK

Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
I suppose I'll answer my own question here.
To work, that's where.

It's a sad day when work takes over your life, but when you're self employed it's a blessing and a curse.
I made the transition from making custom furniture to manufacturing Butcher Block Countertops only, when that happened business went way up (good thing right?) but that means that I now work a whole lot more than I play, which caused me to lay off the bike projects and basically fall off the face of the earth socially.
I basically did nothing but work for 6 months or so until we got the hang of the manufacturing thing. (also bought a bunch of cool new toys for the wood shop).
From there I was sitting around with my buddy looking for somewhere for him to live when I stumbled across a GMC Motorhome on craigslist. Had never seen one before, way fucking cool.
I didn't need a motorhome, but within a month my lack of any projects convinced me that I NEEDED a motorhome.
So this beauty followed me home.

I thought I knew what I was in for, "If I can build a motorcycle I can build a motorhome". This is true. But the sheer amount of work involved in this thing is insane. Couple that with my inability to help myself from fixing EVERYTHING and you end up with this.

I completely gutted the damn thing and started from scratch.

I've done some really cool stuff, and spent a lot of money on parts, should have a really cool end product.
Integrated a tablet into the dash:

Reupholstered and added some sweet walnut dash vents:

Ripped a whole bunch of shit out:

You get the picture.
The end is near though. Wiring is done and insulation is about to go in, then I finally get to start building the interior, which is going to be the really trick part.

There's been a whole lot more done but unless anyone is interested I'll spare you the details (this is a motorcycle forum afterall).

But there you have it, that's where the hell I have been.
I'm going to try to find time to get back on here and see if I cant get back to work on my SR. It needs a new stator if anyone has a SR500 stator sitting around.

I presume you're going to design it so all the furniture folds up so you can take your bike with you ;o)

I actually am going to put a 2 bike carrier on the rear, hopefully you will all see it at barber this year.

SONIC. said:
...hopefully you will all see it at barber this year.
We better!
And if this doesn't show up in the "Other Projects" forum soon... you can expect more butt prints in your future ;)

Good to hear from you, brother. We really hope you show up to Barber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonic! You're alive
Good to hear that work is going well and I understand what its like when it consumes all your free time, its different when you own and run your business.
Thats a nice motorhome and will be cool when its done. Start a thread on it dude

Come around once and a while

We want a thread in other projects, I fully expect you to be an ass again if I fall asleep at barber this year as well......or maybe I can get you, we'll see. Glad you are still around and doing cool things. The 2 whole facebook posts in a year are the only reason I knew you weren't dead, or buried in Shupe's backyard but this thing is rad and we want to see more. I am doing a popup that might get towed to barber as well. won't be as cool as this though.

Let this be an example. When you're wondering where a valued member went to, hit em up. Email em, pm em. Don't let em walk away, or the forum will slowly disintegrate.

Thanks for posting, SONIC. That RV is the tits.

Check out the Adventure Van builds over on ADVRider. Makes me want to do crazy things with my G10 Creepy Van.

Well well well...

Apparently someone left the door open again.

Sup buddy? That GMC is beyond rad. Definitely start a real build thread for it!

VonYinzer said:
Well well well...

Apparently someone left the door open again.

Sup buddy? That GMC is beyond rad. Definitely start a real build thread for it!

That damn door let's all the riffraf in. Someone should close it.

Started a thread in other projects so ill try to come around more often.

I feel like a douche that left the party early, only to come back later drunk and confused.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Just like the prodigal son. The good one's eventually return. ;)

Welcome home. :D

Well you kind of had a good excuse, working your self half to death and all. We can't all be desk jockeys with internet access all day long ;D

This RV is gonna get SO many ass prints on the glass this year :) and Eric is gonna pee on it too.

http://www.customrewind.com/ I used this guy not sure if sparck rewinds or not but this guy did a great job

Maritime said:
Well you kind of had a good excuse, working your self half to death and all. We can't all be desk jockeys with internet access all day long ;D

I cleaned out the glass box known as my office yesterday... working from home today and one step closer to the finish line, hopefully this place will be evenings and sunday mornings with coffee soon.

Sup Dude! Sweet pit digs mang!! I may have to find some shit like this to reconfigure, Find a Dramax and an Allison for it :eek:

Back
Top Bottom