Benelli Enduro to Cafe Brat

Rearsets or relocation of some sort is happening. The rear brake is cable actuated so I won't even need to build linkage for that side just good cable mounts and the actually foot control to hook it to.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

As far as the shifter side for the rear sets I'm considering something unorthodox. The shifter is on the right, brake is on the left so it's already backwards and I'm thinking flip the shifter 180* to point backwards since it's on a splined shaft anyway. So I went to measuring and figuring and if I flip the shifter backwards and cut off the factory main peg it land within half an inch of the same distance from rear peg.
6eb7d822eb595e51aeef6ad5efe6c2ee.jpg

Bolt is a rough approximation of where the shifter would end up, could be clocked slightly different depending on which spline position I use.

The biggest down side to this I see is upshifts would be pushing down on the shifter and downshifting would be up. I'm thinking since the foot controls are all wrong anyway and will conscious effort to drive correctly, what's one more oddity?

I may also add a plate under the rear peg stub to lower the peg and move it forward a little.
1a5f2195f1fdee550fc8acc9c65dfe2d.jpg

lol you would be changing it to what roadracers use so its only like, the best way to have it see if you are lent over in a turn trying to upshift on corner exit there may not be room to hook the foot under at lean
and upshifts are more easily positively connected wilst accelrating hard if you can just stomp down
you are taking all the fun out of that little bike you wont be able to ride it off road at all with what you are doing

are you doing all this cause you think it looks cool ?
to have fun on a little bike you want to be able to haul ass ride it standing or sitting

Order of importance to me.

Street use for short around town trips.

Acceleration between red lights not constant highway speeds

Fun on windy paved mountain roads

Yes, look like a cafe racer

Maintain factory suspension travel and use mild dual sport tires for caliche roads and national forest roads to get to the windy paved mountain roads.

Even the factory riding position isn't very comfortable because as mentioned it's a little bike. The leaned forward position is much closer to the GSXR I used to ride I always thought it was pretty comfortable.

It's very early on and I know this thing will morph over time as I sort stuff out. But the final goal is still a street bike with traction on non paved surface. If I wanted a dirt bike I'd use a much newer longer travel bike.

Tonight my only update is watching my son learn to ride. We started him out on one of the little electric bikes just to work on his balance and handling for cheap and see if it's something he likes to do.
408d9e1fa193c95e61950474eaa7f2b0.jpg
7bac5e009eb667771cd684b22635fe1b.jpg

So I watched a video about building a Cafe Racer and the mistakes most people make. It said use photo shop. Seeing as I don't have that, paint will have to work. Tank might be a little long and seat is too short but the idea is there think. Sorry it's pretty low res.
0b5e25df8c94f3d67c8c56f2d727b2bc.jpg

After a hard time finding gaskets, a set from New Zealand is on its way to finally wrap up the engine.

I also get me piece of 1" tubing bent by a buddy of mine for a new seat loop and a
370b3e2317cc560576947879b5357a12.jpg
7348723a53898d79be9aeebd4cf20c56.jpg
nice fancy tail light. Tank and new tires will be in later this month.

awesome !! if you need any spare parts for front wheel, brake plate included let me know i have the same i think

xb33bsa said:
awesome !! if you need any spare parts for front wheel, brake plate included let me know i have the same i think
Once the thing runs and some of the new stuff is test fit etc it's getting a much more I depth tear down. Even made myself a dedicated bike stand the other day.
6cb3060d769e283081fba39b97135d37.jpg

Total parts list to hit the bike with:
Engine gaskets
Gas tank
Tires(front is getting swapped out with a less knobby tire)
Tail light
LP bracket(I made it but no pics)
New grips (some point after controls are sorted out far down the line)

Lots of fun over the next few weeks and on top of that I started a rehash on my rock crawling jeep. I know that's not what this place is about but here's a picture anyway. Enjoy the Cnc cut parts.
7dbcddb31e03b3ce6f45fa18eab38301.jpg

Fuel lines, shut off, filter and fittings all purchased and ready for the gas tank. Engine rebuild and wiring will be done this weekend!

Time to fab and build.

Shot the primer on the tank today. When I comes time to handle it over and again I don't want rusty finger prints all over it.
09d0c2732a9478f4a663df40aa049aa6.jpg

It's just taped in place so it's not real rigid but that's right where it'll be and them the back 4" or so will be bent up to allow for a fender to come through there.

681f98568424a45ba131091bf29c5a24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom