ACE 50 - Intro and need help

Xris

That muffler looks like the one I fitted also. I had the same noise issues after fitting the muffler and OO Racing header pipe with added baffle, so what I did was add a section of the header pipe (Which I had removed to make it all fit) to the end of the muffler.

I read the post of another guy on here that had a similar muffler saying that the noise was made worse by the cone at the end, which seem to be very much the case.

Here is a clip of my exhaust as it is now, OO Racing Header, eBay baffle and extra pipe in the cone at the end. The only only wadding added is in the cone at the end - not sure it helps make things quieter but I figured it couldn't hurt... Redirecting the exhaust beyond the cone portion of the muffler is the key here.

The clip might make the way I've assembled things clearer than the ramblings above too ;D

http://youtu.be/3LTGYsHvvzg

Update: Installed header wrap. Did not expect it to fray so easily but all done now. Soaked it in water for a tight fit. Also re-installed standard CDI as the blue OORacing one seemed to not really do anything special(plus the rev limiter thingy doesn't really work)..

Hi Maladept,

I used a db reader app (not sure with accuracy but gets me a ballpark figure) to check the decibel and it sat at approx 95db @ neutral (stationary)which is the current legal limit in SA(state). I hit 100db when revved. I'd like to drop it by 5-10 db if possible. Would you be able to show me the link to the baffle/added pipe you added to the end of the cone?

Thanks.

Chris

Looking great :)

How's the performance with the new exhaust system?

Got the 70cc kit fully installed and tested today. Started more or less straight away, which was a relief after seeing the thing in bits on the bench! Much more involved than the 125-150 kit!

Only thing I didn't do was grind out the manifold to 22mm, but seems to run fine without it? Bike is so much stronger now, and acceleration massively improved :)

Still need to play with the gearing as currently got a 43 on the back but might go up one on the front too.

Going up on the front is always preferable, if it will give you the ratio you want.

Much kinder to the chain!

Crazy

Update:

Wow. I can't believe it's been this long since I started messing about with the bike. :p

So far, i've had some loose spokes (I just hand tightened it), 2 blown tubes front and rear. The rubber seals delaminated around the valves due to riding around in hot weather. Not very nice to get a flat tire in 38 degree heat.

There is some play in the triple tree when hard braking. I'll have to look at it when I have some spare time.

Not much else has been done. Just maintenance.

Recently, i've built a mock up of a new seat using the fuel tank shape (like SUUS) and shortening the tail to just have enough space to fit my bum. I tend to sit right up against the tank so...

In about a month i'll have some free time and i'm already brainstorming on what else I can tinker with :)

Back
Top Bottom