1970 CB750 Tracker Build

Cruzader

Hey all,

Recently picked up this 1970 CB750. Ordered a new gasket kit, brake caliper rebuild kit, carb rebuild kit, etc and tools from partsnmore. I will be doing all of the work that I can do inside of my apt (conveniently located on the second floor :mad: ).

First item on the agenda is to build a work bench and clear space out in my extra room.

Best,
Alex

At the shop where the guy from craigslist left it at
photo-1_zpsd069d720.jpg

Next to my daily in my apt complex with the windscreen and saddlebags removed
get-attachmentaspx_zpsf111be19.jpeg

Re: CB750K0 Tracker Build

From bare wall to workbench. The calm before the storm of parts that will cover just about everything as I go on.

get-attachmentaspx_zps3e6a6a15.jpeg

Getting it up there in pieces I can see. Getting the assembled bike back down is going to be fun. Good luck with this, I will be following along. I am doing a build in a shed smaller than your room, but it is at ground level.

tomsljr said:
Getting it up there in pieces I can see. Getting the assembled bike back down is going to be fun. Good luck with this, I will be following along. I am doing a build in a shed smaller than your room, but it is at ground level.

haha, I will probably assemble it downstairs too. I need a stool down there though, because my back is killing me.

I started disassembly yesterday and saw that whoever had it before, never replaced the frame rails after removing them!! :-[
closeup_zps38814447.jpeg

Also, the right bracket on the top triple tree was cracked and you can see it if you look closely (It came off with the bolt)
teardown_zps4300a2b7.jpeg

So, here is how she sits, waiting for more money and parts to be thrown at her
framecut_zpsfef7c403.jpg

Any suggestions for the frame rails? I'm thinking about the gordon kit i've read about
I am also looking for a top triple tree (I am indifferent to whether it has a mount for gauges or not, I like the aluminum one at dimecitycycles without the Honda logo)

Back
Top Bottom