FT500 quick build

EL Sammo

Got a horrible looking cheap FT500 to play with,no major mods just a quick tidy up to make it look acceptable.

In stock 1980s "square box dig your eyes out with a pen look"

Angle grinder, paint, tread groover, welder, new shocks, rebuild forks and starter motor, drink beers etc

Came out much better.

Test ride! bike looks ok but handles and rides terribly, much safer as a cruiser just t go to the pub on than a proper hills riding machine, but still lots of fun.

Any mayor mods played? Any direction (style) you want to point your build to (if any will occur)?

dualero said:
Any mayor mods played? Any direction (style) you want to point your build to (if any will occur)?

No major mods really, i shortened the tail and seat about 10in but it was just chopping the seat and bodywork, no mods to the frame were needed, remounted the stock taillight under the tail trying to keep it all legal, Queensland is pretty tight for roadworthy certificates.

Changed the headlight and gauges out for a round unit from a honda monkey bike that comes with a small built in speedo.

Painted the swingarm flat silver, cut the sidecovers down and painted white, put a couple of stickers on, header wrap and fitted a Hindle can that i shortened by 10in.

It doesn't come with a kickstart which was a bit of a hassle the starter motor struggled to turn it over at times, i think this was a bit of a weak point on these.

I rode it around for a week, it was a good city bike, then a guy with a beard and a lumberjack shirt bought it off me, so now all i have is the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom