'81 CB750k Tracker - Build #3

the size is it 16"rear and 18" front??
I could google it,but i`d rather ask ;)
Looking great

Sorry for no updates recently. I've been honing my aluminum tig skills, and adding some new toys to the shop.

metemysu.jpg

I'll have updates soon!

Got to work on the exhaust...again.

The new plan is two 2:1 systems, with the merge up front and a single pipe running each side to mufflers. My original plan was a much shorter system, but I think this will work out better in the end.

e3eqagyn.jpg

Sounds about like what I did but I found some NOS turn-out style mufflers and grafted them to my original headpipes. Here is a pic of it if you need a little inspiration... personally, I really like the way it turned out.... or you can use it for an example of what NOT to do with yours. ;)

Rock-it2_zps01958943.jpg

It has been a while since my last post, the holidays really cut into garage time! Now that everything has settled down I've been back in the garage. After some re organizing it was back to work on the exhaust...again. New 2:1 header design.

yhe3atyh.jpg

ydyjanyn.jpg

ysuzepam.jpg

apavuzam.jpg

More to come.

Your gonna have great back pressure with that setup! ;D Looks great though, can't wait to see the rest.

Joe Suzuki said:
Your gonna have great back pressure with that setup! ;D Looks great though, can't wait to see the rest.

Thanks! I'm considering stepping up to 2" tube from the headers back, but I don't know if it's necessary...

Nice day in the garage today. Made some progress on the exhaust. I'm happy with it, but not very happy with the welds. Because I'm reusing the old pipes the weld gets contaminated from the buildup on the inside leading to ugly beads. The exhaust is going to be wrapped anyways, but it still bothers me...

udahazun.jpg

Mock up of muffler placement;
sypy2e3u.jpg

9a3y9ada.jpg

Tig tacks before grinding off the mock-up mig tacks;
2aqutupu.jpg

2ejezyhu.jpg

bahe3uva.jpg

vbtravisd said:
Hey man, what mufflers are those on your other bikes?

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-exhaust-parts-12-inch-shorty-muffler-80-03310.html

Cool and cheap little mufflers, but they are loud...

Cleaned up with the wire wheel. I guess the welds don't look too bad. Maybe the pipe will just be sprayed and not wrapped...

are6agy8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom