Post a pic of your latest purchase

Rider52 said:
I'm not good about taking pictures. This is when I was putting it together as a "lane splitter". Kind of Oakland/Frisco style. 39mm fork, 21" front and 19" rear. It's a 1990 motor with a 1984 4 speed. The Santee frame was setup for a 180 rear wheel and required a lot of BS to make my setup work. I've had a 1951 Panhead I owned in the 70s on my mind for a while. I really enjoyed that bike and hence the Kraft Tech frame. It will be a fat bob style bike with either a wide glide or MidUSA vintage springer. Probably take me a year to put it together! LOL!

Nice...... I like the Oakland style. I hope you post up more progress here.

Picked up a fcr mx 39 keihin cr flatslide pumper carb for the dr650 and a pair of Malcolm Smith enduro boots on closeout for $98 marked down from $299

61c7cdbf30cef1d33ba4fc4b7e622a43.jpg
54fc824b1a7a679ba1ea5aeb434323fa.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HURCO550 said:
Picked up a fcr mx 39 keihin cr flatslide pumper carb for the dr650 and a pair of Malcolm Smith enduro boots on closeout for $98 marked down from $299

FLATSIDE YEAHHHH. Nice pick-ups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Really? I didn't know that, do you know anything else about these bikes?

a friend of mine had one here (Oz) in the 80s when they weren't that old, it did what it said on the box, pretty much non distinguished UJM but well capable within its limits (skinny tyres, shit brakes, basic suspension) but he was happy enough with it, he sold it as soon as he saw the rust coming through on the bottom rear edges of the tank cos every tank the wreckers had was suffering the same problem. replaced it with a later UJM (GSF750EFE) that I got to ride a bit while he was sick and that was a whole world of different compared to the XJ (blisteringly fast to me at the time and handled like nothing i'd ridden before)

the best thing I remember about the XJ was the headlight, for some reason way better than other plain round ones at the time , I ended up using one on my 750 Honda for years

I have not started it yet but for $300, extra set of carbs and some other parts and it turns over, I could not refuse. Back in the day these were liked by the magazine testers.

HURCO550 said:

Closeout where? I would like a set of those boots if they have size 12's in stock and I can get my foot in them.

Maritime said:
Closeout where? I would like a set of those boots if they have size 12's in stock and I can get my foot in them.
Iron pony. They are about 40 min from me. They have 12's at the moment. I tried them on yesterday. If Canadian shipping is going to kill you, let me know and I can ship them to your guy state side.

http://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/msrdlspt.jpg/Brand/MSR/c2/Boots-and-Footwear/c3/Street-Boots-Mens/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/MSR-Dual-Sport-Boot

Thanks, How far down do they open, I can't tell from the picture. They come in at 149.99 CAD shipped to Maine, that's not bad.

Maritime said:
Thanks, How far down do they open, I can't tell from the picture. They come in at 149.99 CAD shipped to Maine, that's not bad.

you can kinda see in this video at around 5:10. I can take a pic when I get home, but they come down farily far when opening up. They split under the bottom buckle and they are far easier to slide on than my ankle height lace up redwings that's for sure. These are my first real riding boot, so I don't have a good comparison. Also, these are still selling for around $300 USD everywhere else ive seen them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchL_DT56TI

Thanks! I can see I might have to cut the flap out of the left boot but it looks like I could get my fused ankle down in those. Now I have to see if the wife will be ok with me spending the cash but that looks like a good boot for the money.

Maritime said:
Yep, I can get my hiking boots on and off ok that I use to ride in, but the real bike boots are taller and stiffer so I am not sure I could get them on. I need to get to a dealer with stock and just try them
I have stupid-high arches, and the Velcro tabs make them easy on and off. Plus I can cinch them down on my non-functioning calves.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the boots! Hope they fit. I'm thinking the soles should be able to be modified for the rocker I need to walk right in them as well

I didn't get the flatslide though,

Maritime said:
Well, I pulled the trigger on the boots! Hope they fit. I'm thinking the soles should be able to be modified for the rocker I need to walk right in them as well

I didn't get the flatslide though,

if not it looks like you could still sell them brand new on ebay for what you paid for them or maybe a touch more anyways

HURCO550 said:
if not it looks like you could still sell them brand new on ebay for what you paid for them or maybe a touch more anyways

Yep my thoughts exactly, It came to 150 CAD on my Visa so I bet if I can't make them work I can sell them for at least that local, I hope i can get them on because the soles look a lot like the ones on my shoes and they should be modable. I am currently wearing my leather hiking boots that aren't modded and I walk like a dork when I get off the bike LOL.

Cool boots Levy. Do you feel like the size runs pretty true. I just bought a pair of boots, but at that price they're hard to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom