CB160 Gauge Pod

redwillissuperman

Keep it simple- engine, wheels, bars
ce6f0f1db7de69cfba41119dd2f696c5.jpg

Finally figured out a proper way to mount the Vapor gauges.

93b5ce76fcfa3c2933ba27c1f7113075.jpg

Looks off center but it's not.

Any plans to sell the aluminum version? I need to figure out a headlight and gauge setup for my XS. I really dig this. I got a ways to go on my build before i can think about that tho.

offroadjeepin said:
Any plans to sell the aluminum version? I need to figure out a headlight and gauge setup for my XS. I really dig this. I got a ways to go on my build before i can think about that tho.
We can come up with a design that works for you.

I think the total market for CB160 headlight mounted digital gauges is one, maybe two. I will gladly make as many as people want.

How does the 3D printed hold up? I'm not sure about the costs associated with injection molding, assuming that the set-up is costly and with only a few parts being produced not worth it? maybe Aluminum is the way to go? Possibly machine out of plastic?

offroadjeepin said:
How does the 3D printed hold up? I'm not sure about the costs associated with injection molding, assuming that the set-up is costly and with only a few parts being produced not worth it? maybe Aluminum is the way to go? Possibly machine out of plastic?
My only concern with the CNC machining, with the part topography, the surface will have mill marks. Even with post tumbling. I may do PIM or diecasting to get a smooth finish.

The "hooded" version will have pretty serious amount of machine time. I can see tool marks being an issue. Flat version wouldn't be bad?

offroadjeepin said:
The "hooded" version will have pretty serious amount of machine time. I can see tool marks being an issue. Flat version wouldn't be bad?

Flat is fine. The hooded one could be two piece but I would love to go diecast.

I will run it through MasterCam on Monday and see what the machine time is.

Machining the hooded part was darn near impossible but I'm making subtle revisions. Will have updates this week.

I assume you have a good "bulb" for your bucket? Im trying to find a "bulb". But survey says I'm going to remove the gauge portion and weld onto another bucket.

Back
Top Bottom