Yamaha 250 1974?

Scooter trash

Been Around the Block
I pick this up Monday for my daughter, where do I get parts, what model is this, are parts even available in aftermarket like pistons. Paid $180, no title so have to run the numbers for possible stolen.

Attachments

• IMG_0864.JPG
    IMG_0864.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 209
Lots of parts for these old bikes but you have to shop around. Find out what year and go from there.

Looks like a 78-79 DT250. You can still get some parts through Yamaha. Wiseco should make a piston for it. Lots of parts on Ebay.

Wow! That bike was in production for 18 years, and it is a DT 250. Ebay has a ton of parts, 17 hp so it's also freeway legal.

Scooter trash said:
Wow! That bike was in production for 18 years, and it is a DT 250. Ebay has a ton of parts, 17 hp so it's also freeway legal.

The Yamaha DT series is probably the most popular enduro bike out right now. I have a 81 DT175 and don't forget these bikes are 2 strokes.

Parts-N-More is not bad for new/repro parts. Some models more than other though.
They show a page worth of stuff for the DT250, but they also don't cross reference very well. So if you know what other models use the same part you're looking for, you can look them up as well.

Also try HVC Cycle and Economy Cycle. They focus more on the street 2strokes, but again, if you know what to cross reference...

Back
Top Bottom