75 CB250 New Build

waldo101

Hello everyone, I picked up someone else's unfinished CB250 project yesterday. all the parts come with the bike but everything is rusted so i got the wire wheel out and got to work, I'm almost half way through but still a lot to go. The guy said the engine was running a year ago and it still has the same oil sat in it now, theres no leaks that i can see. Valve covers were somehow snapped around the edges and the tach cable was cut in half with the tach screw in the engine stripped but i managed to get it out. ill attach some pictures of the bike. I was thinking of doing the tank in an army green. the rear swing arm has been extended and has a thick tire, almost looks like a drag bike. any advice what i should look for during this build please let me know, any help will be appreciated. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_6578.jpeg
    IMG_6578.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 223
  • IMG_8070.jpeg
    IMG_8070.jpeg
    661.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5473.jpeg
    IMG_5473.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_9519.jpeg
    IMG_9519.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 228
awesome! looks fun!

careful with that wire wheel on the aluminum, you can easily put scratches in it! these bikes are very similar to the cb360s I love

do you have a plan for this bike (build style)

Cafe racer style, but i wanna give it an army green tank and rear hump and maybe keep a few little parts rusty and clear coat them, try and give it a dirty but fast look. Im gonna use a lighter wire wheel on the engine so it doesn't scratch the crap out of it.

how would a straight pipe go on this, a proper one that goes to the rear not a short one? i have the header pipes but but i don't have the actual mufflers and i don't wanna spend heaps on new ones

waldo101 said:
how would a straight pipe go on this, a proper one that goes to the rear not a short one? i have the header pipes but but i don't have the actual mufflers and i don't wanna spend heaps on new ones

as long as it goes to about the rear axle (or end of rear tire even better) then you are good... mufflers don't matter that much from a performance standpoint but straight pipes are kind of obnoxious (and make people hate us, especially if you are gonna ratbike it out with rust and army green) maybe something like a slashcut shorty? they are small and look good

Back
Top Bottom