cb750 Wheel swap?

pancakecircus

I'm looking to get rid of the Comstars on my '81 CB750c (16" rear 19" front, rear drum brake), i've been checking out the CBR F2 wheels and maybe the Mid 80's shadow (not sure on these). Has anyone done a swap like this? if so how much work is involved? Any other options to get rid of the crappy wheels on it?

thanks

the CBR's are a pain, i've got some I'm still fitting on my CB350 project, you'll have to have new spacers (inner and the outter) made, check the chain to tire clearance, sprocket stud to swing arm clearance, figure out the caliper mount and so on.... If you do go down this road make sure to find a tire that clears the swing arm up by the pivot not just between the arms.

Personally if I can find an 18" rear comstar and a good front I'll probably switch.

thanks for the tips.. i just got this bike a month ago and looking into the possibilities..

there's an 18" rear on ebay with disk for $55 buy it now price

pancakecircus said:
I'm looking to get rid of the Comstars on my '81 CB750c (16" rear 19" front, rear drum brake), i've been checking out the CBR F2 wheels and maybe the Mid 80's shadow (not sure on these). Has anyone done a swap like this? if so how much work is involved? Any other options to get rid of the crappy wheels on it?

thanks

The cbr wheels will fit. I believe you have to use a cb900f triple tree for the front and use cb750f forks or the cbr forks. there a few other minor things like making the disk brake work for the rear. done with the right style it looks nice.

^What you guys are forgetting about the cbr wheels is they have been swapped to DOHC 750s and 900s alot. cb1100f.net has tons of info on the swap. If you are putting them on a bike like a cb350 I can imagine it would be quite challenging. That's not very common. To the Op: Here's your exact bike with the front done with a cbr wheel:

2j4y449.jpg

Swivel said:
Yeah right,...........Short forks,no cornering clearance and soft springs.That bike is fine for riding straight down the highway with a box of fresh clams tied on the back 8)

to each their own. some prefer it some don't. I posted up so the op could explore all options.

it's a good day for Chowder..

can you point me to a post in cb1100f.net? i did a quick search.. otherwise i'll look into it more later.

Thought that the CBR wheels all but bolt on to the dohc
I know the guys do it all the time on the F bikes. C might be a different sorry as that bike is a cruiser

pancakecircus said:
it's a good day for Chowder..

can you point me to a post in cb1100f.net? i did a quick search.. otherwise i'll look into it more later.

Here ya go: http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=40322&highlight=cbr
http://www.cb1100f.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=47228&start=20&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Nunzio (the author) has one of the nicest CB750Fs around.

I wasn't trying to imply it was impossible, just that it is not a simple swap wheels and go project.

Back
Top Bottom