Yamaha Seca Rattle Can in progress.

Ard Choille!

"and I looked, and behold a pale horse"
So she's finally starting to come around.
Got the tank pre stripped, which was nice of course,
IMG_1206.jpg

Then broke out the polishing bit to help get an extra bite..
IMG_1224.jpg

Got to make sure you get the gas edges nice and clean.
IMG_1224.jpg

Little bit of spot putty, sand, and we're ready to roll.
IMG_1233.jpg

Now the most important part of any motorcycle work, is to make sure your chores are done prior to beginning. That's when a wise man teaches his wife how to do them ;D ( She would kill me if she saw this, and this picture! :-X )
IMG_1235.jpg

Now to fast forward a little, I did my prep just a tad bit different to try something new. I primed with self etching primer and waited for it to dry. Once it was done, I sprayed a base coat of my silver over the non sanded primer surface. The self etching primer was rough as could be, and I was hoping that once I sprayed over it, I could sand them both with the 320 and then begin my topcoat of the silver. Worked out great actually, but I'm sure I've committed paint blasphemy to some. Once I finished laying down the silver coats, I began to tape it off.
IMG_1283.jpg

I had to cut the tape in half in order to get those slim edges on the side. The local paint shop didn't have any quarter inch tape.
IMG_1284.jpg

Finally got her taped off.
IMG_1289.jpg

After doing the topcoats, I pulled the tape about a minute after I sprayed to get those nice, clean edges. Here is what I got before clear coat.
IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

I decided to do an "off center" racing stripe cause the gas cap was messing with me.
IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

Still doing some clear coat, and then doing a little airbrushing on the side of the tank. Still don't know what to put for a logo, but all in all, who would've thought wheel paint could do a good 5 foot paint job.

IMG_1308.jpg

Dude your wife is gonna kick your ass. Lol. But hey like I tell mine. It's all in the name of good comedy.

Also nice looking bike so far. Keep it up.

Where did you get your mirrors. And how much. I dig em.

Man That came out great, Self etching primer and all. I can't wait to see you ride this bike already. Looks even better on here than the small cell phone photos on my droid. Man if your wife sees that photo, you're gonna be toast and so is your paintjob LOL

Thanks guys!

Yeah we definitely have to keep that photo on the DL. She'd tip my bike over in rage if she saw that lol! (Just kidding). It's all in good fun. She is a woman that is way out of my league and I am very, VERY appreciative of her!

You would have to ask Xulf13 where the mirrors came from. I actually had the pleasure and honor of buying that bike from him!

They are napoleon bar end mirrors, not the knock off for $29 seen on ebay, i had those and they shook like crazy. These were like $75 for the pair, i just googled them and found a dealer that had them in chrome, they are available in Black as well.
Here is a link http://www.customsportclassics.com/dcc180.htm

Back
Top Bottom