Harley street bob... take 9... ha ha ha ha always changing

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
so last winter i bored out the motor did a 95', Welded & trued crank, lefty bearing, Heads by WFOLarry, andrews 37 cams, Andrew's 30T power pulley, barnett clutch spring, tapered pushrods, flat top pistons, lockhart oil cooler, and installed a steering damper leaving me at 94HP and 98TQ
this winter i am going to change things up again. got a bit of a list but should be able to plow though it... here is some pics

last spring i took 2 fenders that where stock ST bob fenders and cut them up... I have a buddy thats dad is a master welder out in missouri... so he took it back home wiht him and the cuts... few weeks later, i get my new rear fender and could nto be happier.. well have a master welder do this instead of just weld and grind... well we are not going to use any body work, all metal, and powder my whole rear fender to show that you can ahve show qualtiy powder work on a bike... doing black cherry again but wiht a bit more gold and red flake in it... so yes the tank is coming off too

from here i was going to send the fender out to a buddy that owns KansasHellRide for some airbrush work... but that is a bit of ways away
here are some pics

made some small spacers for the risers to give me the clearance i needed
30tq4nm.jpg

2uz5bt5.jpg

1zzgwue.jpg

what the extra six looks like from the back
k1teu8.jpg

with the plate and tail taped on
16ape06.jpg

mv0015.jpg

you can see the change over stock
o05o3m.jpg

the bars:
25ft9pz.jpg

2vif7s9.jpg

sent that off to Hogrida... a few days later i get this from him
16ansxj.jpg

followed shortly after by this
13ygh0k.jpg

then yesterday on the shop door step
a0yttl.jpg

so from here we at the powder pro did our thing!!!
1411kz6.jpg

then the final product
fmoyf4.jpg

11ihizo.jpg

powder and flake on order as well as the color match for the paint... hope to get at it late this month... also going to the shop to make some 3/4 riser spacers and will coat those when i do the risers... my brother pointed out that my tail light spot sucked so i moved it way down the fender... coming along

Nice Joe... I know HD's dont get much love around here. I think there get a bad rap because of all the D'bag lawyers jumping the bandwagon. I turned wrench for EasyRiders for a couple yrs, so I cant help but digg'm.

Yours is really starting to stand out on it's own. Look'n good man

got the rear fender mock up completed tonight and drilled for the plate and tail light, just need to strip blast and lay color...
also made up some riser spacers to lift them up 3/4 inch and put me just where i need to be. 21 rim i have been waiting on is finally off back order after 6 months so that will be on its way as well as a fender blank so i can match the front and rear fenders, then everything gets coated and buffed. I will lace the twisted spokes to the new rim, the lace pattern allows me to keep my 19 twisted stainless spokes i had HD wheels make, and lace them to a 21 ring! sick!!! from there all i have left is air ride, motor mounts, true track, primary chain tensioner, shift light, and i am sure i am missing a thing or two... then mechanics are done and i can focus on fabrication for the trunk, bags, and fairing (all quick release of course) paint that and she is ready to go!

Used the holiday to get some stuff done i had to on my bike... here is some of the powder work i got done, should be able to finish up the bars this week... also got the fender drilled, stripped and wire channels welded under it... needs primer, blocked, base and clear still
10sf4fd.jpg

69khgm.jpg

pulled the mirror and did my new mirrors
epj3g8.jpg

j0xuer.jpg

red added to the dice
fxgk5t.jpg

riser spacers i made up work great! they are on and you can not even tell they are there! not bad for some pipe i had laying around and some powder... risers are on, look great, bars are in there and possitioned the rise spacer i made works out perfect! i was just wiped out yesterday so that was all i got done...
to make the riser ext, i used fender washers to get the height i needed. measured that, cut pipe to fit around it, got a push cap and drilled center, then coated it all... looks great and is solid as a rock!

dno9l3.jpg

2rmtidg.jpg

well, durring the insulation of the new coated clutch perches i discovered that it is time for a new clutch cable... new dimond back cables are on the way. will prob just replace the throttle lines as well

man it has been a bit since i got some updates up!!! yesterday we had to shoot a ton of primer for Todds tins, so i did a touch of work on my fender so i could get it in with the primer run we where shooting...
welded some channels on the back so the wires clear the tire
293hqnl.jpg

then blasted the fender and laid a coat of primer on her
(sorry for the dark picture but we where leaving the shop and all the lights were off)
ab6krd.jpg

then i hve to oil it and crap... when i get the new pipe on there i should be aroune 115hp... when i do the 103 or 107 build (if i ever do) ill do a chain conversion... the only reason that i would swap to chain is to fit a 200+ tire in there... but i personally like the belt man, it is no worries, no lube, easy to care for, and really easy to work with when pulling a tire on and off
the converstion that i would go with would also move the caliper to the sprocket and open up the other side... will wait till i am ready to push over 125hp and/or turbo... i struggle to keep the front end down now wiht the gearing and motor build.

Well dont go and get all CRAZY now w/ a 200+ tire....

If the belt prevents you from doing that than I say keep it! haha

Love the Bike Joe!

ha ha ha i have a 170 on there now, metzler, i had the 180 on back but i go though them every 5k and it got $$$, the 170 is WAY smaller, a 200 would be perfect, and i will prob go to that (just need to machine a small spacer for the pulley) but for now i love how the metzler grabs the road... ill wait to see how it looks after i lace in the 21 up front and take it from there... 200 would be perfect though, i can fit that without having to mod the frame rails...

bears lost... sucks... while everyone bitched and moaned i went out with my brother and we tore the tins off... the build just tooooook a major twist and turn, stepping WAY out of the box on the bike now... this will prob be the last pics till she is done... going to be COMPLETLY different! all new colors in store
xlffy1.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Your garage is looking great too!

got the tins all stripped and primed, also powdered a bit more gloss black cause i had a few runs of gloss black for customers
2wpjgy0.jpg

Damn, joe....you never sleep man! I like that 21 up front! I was just thinking, if some average joe (hahaha) paid retail for that much powder, it be like 100k bike or more!

Back
Top Bottom