small batteries?... mine needs to lose weight!

kilometric

Young, dumb and havin fun.
Is there the option of replacing my standard battery CB14L-A2 (cb900 '79) with something physically smaller? i have ben looking at the gel battteries etc however they dont seem to be any smaller.... there must be something i can do to make a bit of room!!!

Hey Bro, check this site out: http://www.ballisticparts.com/ I have actually held one of these batteries in my hand. I asked the guy if that was an actual battery or a demo. He said it was an actual battery. It's lithium Ion, so it only weights a pound! Totally could tell the difference. It's not cheap, but it's something to consider if not now, in the future. Plus, it comes pre charged and no need to use a trickle charger. In fact, it's advised not to. Check it out, you'll see.

Those are lithium Iron Phosphate, not Lith Ion. There is a big difference, with the LiFePo batteries being preferred. There are sevearl manufacturers of these, and it is definitely the technology of the future!

Thanks for the correction. All new to me. LOL Yes, I would like one for my own eventually. I live in a cold climate and have plans to ride year round, weather permitting of course.

Back
Top Bottom