"Tangerine Dream" / Glemseck - KZ750

Re: "Tangerine Dream" - KZ750

beachcomber said:
It's official - just had the results of the interim assessment in - I'm at stage 3 [ of 5 ] in the kidney function decline.

Previously at stage 2 for the past 2 years - the meds and diet holding their own.

New set of meds prescribed now and the biggie assessment in July to see if we're stuck at # 3 or continuing to decline.

So, that means that ALL the projects will have to be sold on - even the Flat Tracker which I had hoped to finish and enjoy.

I'm aiming to get everything sold off before June / July.

Oh gees man :( So sorry to hear.

You have to keep fighting Beach! Live like your preparing for the race of your life...

miffa said:
plenty of bikes up here TJ if you get the urge mate just come and get one for a weekend, no probs ;)

John, you're a gent ............... sincere thanx

OK - so Vindicator Cafe Racer project sold on - time for the KZ to go.

Now I can see a bit of daylight in my garage / shed I'll get all the parts together so I can list what' there [ 90% ].

I AM going to carry on with rolling chassis assembly [ health permitting ], unless it gets sold in the meantime.

Well Gawd bless global warming ................................... the recent bout of hot weather [ UK standards ] has reignited a bit of a spark.

While I was out clearing parts for the Vindicator sale, I'm looking around at the Flat Tracker project and thinking - "it's not far off really".

So, forks / top caps off to my tame machinist to have the threads turned down to the correct size. If he can't do that, he's going to make up some new caps. At the end of the day they are only acting as oil seal and spring retainers, no other stresses put on them.

Then, apart from finding all the recently scattered parts [!] there's nothing to stop me getting the chassis to a rolling stage. That alone will give me the kick up the arse I need to get on with it.

Most of the pre-assembly work had already been done when I spat the dummy out of the pram - so it should be a breeze to pick up where I left off.

I'm putting the Kay Fighter and all my other spares up for sale when I get back from my chill break in Saxony [ early June ] so I can throw some funds at getting the exhaust and Weber 40 DCOE manifold made up.

Hmmmmm.... maybe I should check out that Grimeca hubbed front wheel for fitment 8)

Good to hear you are inspired again.
Slow progress is still progress. Looking forward to seeing the roller.

Brodie said:
Good to hear you are inspired again.
Slow progress is still progress. Looking forward to seeing the roller.
+1 beachcomber, keep it up, slow and steady, but still going forward

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Tune-A-Fish said:
Stunning! and the wheels look nice too :eek:

Shelby top and Holly bottom right - our [ me and MrsB 3rd ] two lovely girls.

On reflection, I'll keep to plan A and sell the Grimeca braked wheel and matching rear off. There's nearly £2000's worth at retail there - plus the fact that the Grimeca 4LS hubs are no longer available. And to be honest the Gold steel wheels turned out OK

Some of the leftover Vindicator bits will see service - I'm determined to use the unique Brass Monza cap on something !

I've also got 2 sets of new Tarozzi rearsets spare now - so I might use one of them and flog the other.

Looks like re-threading the new caps is not an option - he's concerned that we won't end up with a "full depth" thread.

As usual this is a "mates rates" job and he DOES have a proper business to run ;), so it will be a "fit in" job sometime next week.

One way or another [ another song coming on ] I WILL end up with a pair of suitable caps, even if it means making them from scratch. I told him to do whatever he thinks best.

That gives me a week to try to locate all the scattered parts [!] ready for the rolling chassis assembly. I'll probably leave this until I get back from Germany as the current health issue is sapping my strength and ability to do some jobs, which are for me now - two handed.

I have had offers from several big hearted peeps here in the UK to help me finish [ or even finish ] the bike off - but while I can - I want to do my best to "finish what I started ". I'm not too proud to ask for help as and when I need it. 8)

Sounds like you're finding the strength and motivation to carry on with the project beachy......it'll give you something to focus on other than your health issues, I reckon a good thing to have something other than meds/appts/results and repeat.

Beautiful daughters btw, mind you we all have beautiful daughters haha!

NoRiders said:
Sounds like you're finding the strength and motivation to carry on with the project beachy......it'll give you something to focus on other than your health issues, I reckon a good thing to have something other than meds/appts/results and repeat.

NoRiders said:

Just to complete the trilogy - here's my eldest [ with MrsB 1st ] 50 years young this year !

I thought I could cull all my projects and concentrate on the "future" - then I realised I have NO idea what the future may bring - so yes, focus on the Flat Tracker and forget all about other squitter. Que sera and all that bollox

%) looks mighty fine on her beach.

Get it done and ride, it will be the best medicine for sure!

So after nearly 6 months of doom and gloom - I've finally kicked myself into gear to carry on with the Flat Tracker.

Doesn't seem a lot of progress [ !! ] but at least I now have the fork caps back and I have no excuse NOT to assemble the rolling chassis.

That in itself will give me some encouragement as it will be going from a pile of scattered parts to something that looks like a bike ! Off for a short break in Saxony - but when I get back work starts in earnest.

Very glad to hear this beach. Go have fun in Saxony then give er when you get back.

Public thanx to UK Mark, who has donated one of his high level pipe heat shields for my project ,.......... Nice peeps here

Well that didn't quite go as planned ...................... while sorting out my "library" [ over 1000 titles ] in the loft, I managed to half fall out of the loft access and twisted my back badly !

An old problem from many years ago that resulted in slight muscle inbalance at the base of my spine, and every so often a bad movement [ sometimes a sneeze or cough ] results in movement in that spinal area - and a trapped nerve !

So that's where I'm at - all revved up and no mobility ! :'(

A combination of pain killers and Jim Beam 8)seem to be keeping the worst of the pain away.

I did manage to sort out the Tarrozi clip ons and rearsets when I got back from Saxony, AND my Metisse alloy 5 gall tank and 7R seat base. The swap from Flat Tracker to Cafe Racer at this point would be purely cosmetic - bars, seat, tank, footpegs.

Heart says Cafe Racer - head [ and bad back ! ] says Flat Tracker ! At least I have the choice.

Bloody hell, not having a lot of luck lately fella, frustrating eh?

Maybe buy a lottery ticket?

Tracker would make more sense given your current situation I reckon. Get some funky chunky rubber on it :)

Back
Top Bottom