"the Mooch"

Sav0r said:
The problem with that theory is that the Republicans control all the branches and are flailing around and achieving very little.
You sure about that? See: Tax reform, Iran nuclear deal, Paris Climate Accord, Crippling of ACA (no repeal yet, but it's set up now to completely fail), merging of cabinets, reduction of Federal Government, installation of a conservative US Supreme Court Justice (potentially 2), opening of Federal land to mining and drilling, etc, etc, etc.

Sav0r said:
The problem with that theory is that the Republicans control all the branches and are flailing around and achieving very little. I like when Trump blames Democrats, it shows he doesn't understand the basic mathematic principle of the majority.
There's having the majority, and there's having the 60 votes necessary.

The right has the majority, they do not have the 60 votes, so, mathematically the Dems can hold up bills.

Re: "the Mooch"

People dont understand how anything really works jrod, so naturally instead of taking action and fixing the problems as they see them, they act out online and in the streets with signs.

A lot has been accomplished so far, things we elected our leaders to do. There is opposition always, it the Democrats have become obstructionists, take Maxine for instance... creating protest because people want to shop or eat at a restaurant... that's fucking nuts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using DO THE TON mobile app

MiniatureNinja said:
People dont understand how anything really works jrod, so naturally instead of taking action and fixing the problems as they see them, they act out online and in the streets with signs.

A lot has been accomplished so far, things we elected our leaders to do. There is opposition always, it the Democrats have become obstructionists, take Maxine for instance... creating protest because people want to shop or eat at a restaurant... that's fucking nuts.

While there are always people who want to obstruct, for example the GOP from Obama's first day, some might argue that people who are trying to obstruct Trump may have a point.

And those pesky -- dare I say "uppity" -- people taking to the streets with signs? They have no idea how things work I guess, so they just act out in the streets with signs. No chance that the act of protest could actually bring about political change.

37749-260618002015.jpeg

37749-260618002032.jpeg

37749-260618002054.jpeg

MiniatureNinja said:

Sent from my SM-G955U using DO THE TON mobile app

Again, tit for tat. The Republicans wrote the book on obstruction. The difference however is that the Dem's never had the power that the Republicans currently have. Of course we will see what happens come November. If the Democrats are obstructionist now, imagine how much the Republicans are going to cry if they lose more seats.

Sav0r said:
Again, tit for tat. The Republicans wrote the book on obstruction. The difference however is that the Dem's never had the power that the Republicans currently have. Of course we will see what happens come November. If the Democrats are obstructionist now, imagine how much the Republicans are going to cry if they lose more seats.
How do you figure the Dems never had the same power? When Obama came in, Dems had control of everything, same as Repubs do currently.

It's been so long I can't remember, but as I recall the Democrats only held total control of Congress for something like 4 months of Obama's term. Compared to going on 2 years for this current administration.

They held it until mid-terms. Mid-terms always fall two years after the Presidential election, no?

They pushed Obama care through in 09.

Dems held control of the House for 2 years and the Senate for 6 years under Obama.

Combined--Control_of_the_U.S._House_of_Representatives_-_Control_of_the_U.S._Senate.png

Ted Kennedy died and was replaced with a Republican in 2010, but the Dem's still held majority.

And I believe three Republicans broke rank to beat the filibuster on ACA.

My point of course is that unitary control, historically, should be the most productive periods for those in that position. With elections a few months away, and the potential for that control to dwindle I would think the Republicans would be a little more unified in their goals.

Seems to be the way it works. Incoming Presidents party has Congress, two years later they lose it.

Granted, that's not all that important in the Senate when stuff requires 60 votes. You can have the majority, and still have the minority hold up everything you do, and both sides do it when they're the minority.

Gorsuch was confirmed in like 48 days or something after nomination. Here we go folks, 30 years of an ultra conservative Supreme court coming our way.

I for one like the rosy prognostications in the article that relate them to 2004. Apparently the authors forgot what happened a mere 3-5 years later partly as a result of the deregulation they lionize.

Political tone aside, the numbers are legit.

We've had over $300,000,000,000 brought back stateside in the last quarter, and taxed, that otherwise would still be sitting overseas.

Something that all the "experts" said wouldn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom