Same bike, new thread

SquidHunter

Been Around the Block
Finally honing in on a final project. I’ve had this bike for a few years now, and I’ve put about 30,000 miles on it. The dang thing rode so good, I couldn’t help myself. On my last trip the trouble started. Since then I’ve replaced everything (almost) electrically. I’ve been trying to get it back to being dependable and fun to no avail, due to a mysterious ignition issue. Now the ignition is back off and in another state being “tested”, so I’m going to sure up a few loose ends while it’s down. I’m starting this thread to document from here on out. I plan on getting everything right, then tearing it back down for paint. Here’s where I’m at as of today.

It’s not a big work space, and it’s not very nice but it’s mine. I’ll be doing everything out a literal wood shed lol. The good thing is, I’m back in my home state so I’ve got pretty good resources if needed.

First thing I did was roll the bike out and gave it a wash. It had been a while. Scraped the build up off the inside of the chain guard giving at least one pound of weight reduction.

Next items on the list are going to be dealing with the gas tank and I’m going to order an munit. I can’t finalize the electrical until I get the ignition back, but I need to have the munit on hand so I can sort out the mounting. I’m planning on trying to keep the stock look, if possible. I may not be able to save the gas tank though. It’s in pretty rough shape so I’m weighing my options. If I can’t save the tank, I need ideas on what to use.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_0305.JPG
    IMG_0305.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    1,009.5 KB · Views: 164
Back
Top Bottom