1990 KZ1000 police cafe build

kopcicle said:
It won't be the shift drum . It will be a pair of gears that mate together on one shaft .
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/general-sportbikes/424423-mis-shifts-clutchless-up-shifts-between-gears.html#post4199431

best I could find on short notice . Some of this damage can be seen by removing the oil pan but none of it can be fixed without removing the engine and separating the case .

~kop

Food for thought Kop: it's worth mentioning that this happens in every gear at around 5500 RPM. It seems unlikely to me that all the dog gears and slots are equally worn. However, I really don't have any experience to back up that claim. I'm not disregarding your suggestion, but would you think it's still the dogs?

well disregard my opinion if you must because I don't think I have a complete grasp of your situation . If a t 5,xxx rpm in any gear then are you describing clutch slippage /

~kop

kopcicle said:
well disregard my opinion if you must because I don't think I have a complete grasp of your situation . If a t 5,xxx rpm in any gear then are you describing clutch slippage /

~kop

This. ^^^ KZ's have gobs of power, and at that rpm, you are just starting to hit some of it. If it feels as though it "slips" into neutral, but when you back off the throttle, it's still IN that same gear, it's the clutch slipping. Many times people put the metal pressure plates in BACKWARDS. The teeth on the metal plates actually have a very slight bend (camber?) to them and that camber should always face AWAY from the bike.

Back
Top Bottom