The "I deconstructed my fingers real quick" thread WARNING: Gore Pics

Re: The "I deconstructed my fingers real quick" thread WARNING: Gore Pics

Brodie said:
9f72947e65cf5cdeb40d50a0113430d8.jpg

534617d18249732f403aabfe4bddee3e.jpg

96402120684a56fb63244f023a2b5745.jpg

Had another check up today just before I had the stitches removed. The Doctor said it is looking good but I am still at risk of losing the tip of my ring finger if an infection sets in the bone.

In a lot more pain with the stitches removed and I am not happy about the smell or fluid leaking from my hand. The new bandages are the same as the old ones.
949f2539325ed4cf437f7a7f791a07b6.jpg

I am due to have the wire removed in 2 weeks as it was not ready at this checkup. So no riding or driving for at least another 3 weeks.
That second digit looks like it's got some necrosis around the sutures, keep an eye on it or you may lose that finger tip too, good luck on the healing

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Yeah most of that is dried blood and a bit of dead flesh. No infections at this time so it should be alright. Stitches are out now so I am being very careful with the way I move my fingers around. Having stitches removed is not a pleasant feeling, especially when they are as long and deep as these were.

Maritime said:
Are they using Iodosorb on the wounds? That's what they put on my open part of my foot to keep infection away and draw out the crap. I'd ask for it if you can, it really works. I still have my foot because of it.

I have not heard of that but I will mention it to the hand clinic on Tuesday when I go in. Thanks for the tip!

Redbird said:
71xvvqHBydL._SY355_.jpg

As Seen on TV! :p

Hmm not sure if that one would work on this occasion. If I run out of options it might be worth a try!

Thanks again for all the well wishes guys. I will upload some more pictures on Tuesday after the next appointment.

Keep pushing on. Being stubborn goes a long way. I still have my own foot because I'm stobborner than shit.

Brodie said:
Yeah most of that is dried blood and a bit of dead flesh. No infections at this time so it should be alright. Stitches are out now so I am being very careful with the way I move my fingers around. Having stitches removed is not a pleasant feeling, especially when they are as long and deep as these were.
Had stitches three times in my life. Cut myself bad enough to bleed out as a 3 year old, don't remember those. Luckily pops came to the rescue. Had Tommy John surgery twice, I remember having those pulled out quite well. Not pleasant at all.

This was after the first one. Had one stitch that ran long ways all the way across. Hurt like a mf'er when they pulled it out. Second surgery, they just reopened that scar. Up top, is where they cut a tendon out of my forearm/wrist to replace my UCL with.
dca3fbfa46ad6510050e9226ffead22b.jpg

Well looks like I will have to have the tip of my finger removed. Operation is at 11am tomorrow. It looks as if I have an infection around where the bone would have been healing.
Here is a photo of the X-Ray and I have circled the are that the doctor has told me appears to be the issue. The bright white area in the bone is the issue, along with the amount of brown fluid leaking out of it.

Attachments

• P_20171004_094852.jpg
    P_20171004_094852.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 221
Sucks, but if that spreads it could be a lot worse. I worried about the same for months with the foot/leg. 3 bouts of Antibiotics seemed to work but your infection looks like it is in the bone not on it and I doubt they would work for you.

Oh. My. Christ. Wishing you well mate and sending best vibes from Montreal. Truly, a speedy recovery Brodie. all the best mate

Yikes. Hopefully that'll be the worst of it.

On the bright side, think of all the time you'll save clipping your nails now ;):p

Thanks for the messages guys. I really appreciate the support. Just got out of surgery. Had the tip of it removed unfortunately but if it had to be done than it is for the best.

5bba75fa214b7283b9af1f9201f18cab.jpg

3628aaa502355dd21987d2e228db8a10.jpg

Dude you're gonna be as awesome as Quint in Jaws, the stories you can tell kids about how you lost your finger. I have a 4" scar on my chest as a result of a very, very drunken weekend with some friends in the south of France. Although all three of us have one (in varying degrees of gruesomeness, mine being the clear winner) as a bond of brotherhood, the other version of what happened is that I was protecting my wife's dignity from Mexican banditos and took a machete to the chest.

Also, the little bit of glove that you'll no longer need you can turn into a small pouch for storing nuts. God gives you lemons? Make tequila slammers.

Heal well mate

Just think of how much more effective you'll be at flipping the bird! 8)

That sucks man, but it's better than losing the hand!

Not to awesome for sure, but in the Brightside at least it was considerably a small piece. I grew up in a logging town where everyother person had at least 1 finger cut off and they manage just fine. Hope the rest of the healing goes better!

Sorry to hear about the finger

Thanks guys. Had a check up today and had the bandages removed and replace. All is looking well. They spoke of how they need to wrap the bandages in such a way that would shape the end of my finger correctly. Looks like a bit of a mess to me.
9d997af80555a25478c8dddf61c91aa5.jpg

The middle finger had most of the dead flesh removed and appears to be healing as well as my little finger.
1a9db3c54edd0aef08731ba84a293a07.jpg

Smooth sailing from here I hope.

Looking good, still got the two big fingers for a soft touch brake

Back
Top Bottom