Custom Cylinder Head Cover Caps

kacken

I'm working on an 81 GS550L cafe project and saw a picture of these cylinder head cover caps online. The PO of my bike had these terrible diamond plated aluminum ones made up and I don't have the OEM ones. Does anyone have an idea of where I might be able to find these or something like it? I like the touch of Japanese on there and thought they were a nice touch, but I've not been able to find anything online. Not sure if it would be better to have them made or if anyone had a resource. Cheers!

Yoshi_CHCC.jpg

Holy shit those are cool. Mine won't get caps but if they did I'd be looking for some of those too.

I'm going to guess that guy had em made to match the yoshi theme.

Those are easy to make. Anybody with a mill/lathe could make you a set of finned caps.

With the Yoshi logo in those, I'd venture to say they are cast.

I've searched just about everything I could online. Including Yoshimura caps, but still haven't been able to find them. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or know how to make something like that @_@
Otherwise I would just go that route. Wonder if I can find someone to make me a set.

kacken said:
I've searched just about everything I could online. Including Yoshimura caps, but still haven't been able to find them. Unfortunately I don't have the tools or know how to make something like that @_@
Otherwise I would just go that route. Wonder if I can find someone to make me a set.
If you want to send me one of the caps you have to take measurements on, I can make them.

J-Rod10 said:
If you want to send me one of the caps you have to take measurements on, I can make them.

PM me your address and what you might charge for something like that. That would be great. Do you think you can reproduce the yoshi logo like the ones in the picture?

Can I, sure. Will I, no. That isn't my logo, I won't copy someone elses. I'd be happy to build some finned pieces for you, though. If you can take good pics of the cover front and back, along with the diameter I can get a better idea of what it will cost.

Completely understandable. Sorry, been swamped at work this week. I should have some time this weekend to get one off and snap some pictures.

Guys I have 4 stock caps Im never going to use so if it helps to have one in hand or even to use them as blanks(?) (I have no idea what i'm talking about) just pm me and i will send it, or all of them to you for the cost of shipping.

Leave a small block uncut from fins and buy a metal yosh badge, some are supper small or can be cut

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR3.TRC2.A0.H1.XYoshimura+em.TRS0&_nkw=yoshimura+emblem&_sacat=0

DohcBikes said:
Guys I have 4 stock caps Im never going to use so if it helps to have one in hand or even to use them as blanks(?) (I have no idea what i'm talking about) just pm me and i will send it, or all of them to you for the cost of shipping.
Sent you a PM

Back
Top Bottom