When you see it...

timberwolffxdl

Been Around the Block
20141029_103443.jpg

hmmm... maybe it should have been made in Japan instead?

(from a 1974 CB360)

See. An American sprocket is just more value. You get more of everything when you buy American.

Under promise and over deliver......

OK so we don't exactly lead the world in math and science, does that really matter?

now I need to decide whether to use the 17 or the 16 in front (I have both sitting here on my desk). I've got a 36 in the back. CB360 with a big bore kit, some head work, custom long tube 2 into 2 exhaust, and PJ-worked carbs.

I am going to machine this from 530 to 520 compatible and use them on the project.

I wouldn't bother with 16T (in fact I only use 17 or 18 and 32, 33, 34 rear)
I will probably fit a 37~38 on the 'blue bike' when I get back to it but it has such a big tyre it's going to make it close to stock gearing :D
The smaller the front sprocket (tooth count) the faster the chain wears

crazypj said:
I wouldn't bother with 16T (in fact I only use 17 or 18 and 32, 33, 34 rear)
I will probably fit a 37~38 on the 'blue bike' when I get back to it but it has such a big tyre it's going to make it close to stock gearing :D
The smaller the front sprocket (tooth count) the faster the chain wears
well, the 17 is toast. Handed it to my cnc lathe guy and he munched a dimension by putting the decimal in the wrong place. Check out the teeth.

20141029_145755.jpg

He was supposed to go in .0567 and went .567 instead. AS soon as he hit go it was too late.
He's doing the 16T for me now, but I may just end up ordering a set in the end. Hell, I laser cut the rear and machined in the taper as it is ;)

My tires are bigger than stock too. I want to say they're MT90-16 equivalents on both ends. I PM'd you for gear recommendations PJ... not sure if you saw it.

Well, Teazer's comment about math seems right on the mark, anyway...
Pat
PS don't shit on a foreigner, my Dad was born in the Good 'Ole USA, so I guess I'm half Yank by default...

Pat,
It's not the people that are a problem - it's the useless politicians who insist on messing with things they don't understand. Like the current slew of politicians making up rules about ebola that are just to look "tough".

The late Steve Jobs once said that the main reason he did not build product in the US is that US doesn't have enough production engineers and technicians to staff a new fab plant. I didn't bother to check the stats, but someone recently claimed that the US has more attorneys than the rest of the world combined, and more attorneys in school than we currently have in practice. And rich attorneys tend to end up in politics one way or another.

Houston. We have a problem.

I have heard a few discussions recently about schools starting to offer SHOP class and other technical skills and some colleges increasing their trades schools. Let's hope that trend continues.

Back
Top Bottom