Just For Fun --- How OLD Are You?

im 24, started riding last year, my first bike was a 76 cb750 which i never got to finish (long story), currently i have a 73' cb450 and a 71' cl175 scrambler.

Short List for me...
31....Started riding at...hmm let me think..ummmm oh yeah 31.
First and only bike 1973 Honda CB350F

I'm a few months shy of 29. I have ridden motorcycles in the past, but never really been a motorcycle rider. I own a 76 CB550k(in a bunch of pieces), and a 77 XS400. Really this is a new hobby for me, and a learning experience mechanically.

Later,

Ryan

23. Got my first bike(s) last year, a package deal, 3 non running cb350s for $600. Got a little more tinkering to do to get the one I decided to build to be road worthy. Before this I had only briefly road my brothers 50cc honda dirt bike, and my friends cl100 out at his families cabin. But I loved the short rides that I did get a chance to have, and I cant wait to get my bike on the road so I can enjoy it whenever I please..

I'm looking at 41 soon, had a CB450 in high school and college, sold it to start my business and grow up. Then did not renew the M validation (no graduated licenses in 1984) 10 years ago and am back riding again and working through the new graduated licensing scheme.

Now riding a 1978 CB550K and working on the baby, my 77 GS750.

Am having a blast renting exotics and charging for transportation when I get to travel for work, rare but worth the wait. That's how I got to ride the Dragon for the first time last year.

Im 26. My bike is a 1980 kz650 that im currently building. should be up and running strong in spring. My first bike SHOULD have been a 2002 gsxr 750 but the basterd that i bought it from took my money and ran. So there for i never saw the bike past the test ride. Still makes my junk soar thinkin about how hard that one was to swallow. :'(

28 just turned, first bike was a 78' xr 75, @ 12 yrs old, first real street bike was a XB9s then a Daytona 675 and now a cb450 project that i cant seem to finish. So far the Buell is my favorite. I will own another again.

28yo here, My cb450 project is my first bike, got my permit early this summer. Started beating the crap out of a Yam QT50 around my grandma's back yard when I was 12 or so, jumping it and whatnot lol. Will have the project in the big arse projects thread soon ;)

Just another old coot here.
74 RD 350 was my first bike
Oh...... almost forgot....... 55
Someone should start a thread for just the old bastards
Ahhhh......... that wouldn't be any fun, you boys keep us young
thanks ;)

thought i'd posted in here but i couldnt find it, so here goes
a few weeks short of 25, on bike number 4 (and car number 9 but that's another story)
gpx250 (ex250 in the states), gsxr600, zx12r and now.. cb125. haha.
i've been more of a car tinkerer thus far (had an 11 second datsun 1600 (p510 to statesiders!) that i built up, a 73 mini clubman, a bush-basher '88 range rover, etc) though there isn't a bike i've owned that i haven't smiled upon mechanically.
so while i haven't waved my aesthetic wand on my own bikes before, i've helped out with mates' builds and have a decent set of skills i'm hoping to translate into my current project

54, started riding at 14, first bike a 80 suzuki which I ported and polished. managed to get an honest 70mph out of her. Next bike was an suzuki X6 hustler, more mods and wheelies in three gears. Bought a number of basket cases, never finished them and then switched to sports cars, tr4, opel GT mgb etc. Current bike a 66 ducati 250.

First Bike: Honda MR 50 at approximately 4 years old (too tall, so dad made custom wooden struts). First street ride was 72 Yamaha Xs650 w/750 shell thuet kit, among other modifications.

Current Ride(s): Just sold my Suzuki DR650 in favor of a 1976 Honda CB750F with a mild cafe treatment. Also ride a 2000 Buell S3 as a weekend ride. And ride my 1980 Yamaha TT500 street tracker when time and my leg permits (mega cycle cam, 530ish kit, flowed head). Favorite bike was my 1966 Honda CB160 I had while I was at school that I made into a mild cafe racer; ran great until the second piston seized right before graduation.

45 bean riding since the age of 13. I bought my first bike at the age of 16 , 1981 Suzuki DS125 enduro. Age 21, second bike, 1984 Yamaha RZ350. Age 26, third owned bike, 1993 Kawasaki ZX11. Age 44, 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 and 2005 KTM 640 adventure. Summer 2010 1971 Honda CB450 to be café racer project.

sebatron said:
thought i'd posted in here but i couldnt find it, so here goes
a few weeks short of 25, on bike number 4 (and car number 9 but that's another story)
gpx250 (ex250 in the states), gsxr600, zx12r and now.. cb125. haha.
i've been more of a car tinkerer thus far (had an 11 second datsun 1600 (p510 to statesiders!) that i built up, a 73 mini clubman, a bush-basher '88 range rover, etc) though there isn't a bike i've owned that i haven't smiled upon mechanically.
so while i haven't waved my aesthetic wand on my own bikes before, i've helped out with mates' builds and have a decent set of skills i'm hoping to translate into my current project

Hey Sebatron, check out www.plasmaboyracing.com. Dude has done some wicked stuff to a couple of Datsuns.
Can anyone say, "10 second electric Datsun"?

I'm 32. Got my first bike at 20, a '86 Yamaha FZ600 that was all kinds of modded. Way too fast for me at the time.

Currently have a '77 CJ360 down to the frame for rebuild after being my daily rider.

Back
Top Bottom