My 55 Bel- Air

ProTeal55

Check out Half Fast Chicago. Com
1955 Bel-Air 2door Hardtop
350/350 trans (slow as hell but cruises 80 on the tollway ;D)
Stock rearend - stock gearing - etc.
Stuff I have changed/added thus far:
3000 stall, 12 way adj. coil overs (front), 2 1/2'' blocks (rear), full MSD Ign, Flowmaster exhaust, wide whitewalls with 57'' Caddy caps, etc..
Joe_BelAir_02.jpg

_MG_6460.jpg

Joe_BelAir_03.jpg

55-10.jpg

Joe_BelAir_01.jpg

Doing 85 on the Chicagoland Speedway track (GoodGuys show Fall 08)
main.php

Major plans call for some minor bodywork and a Procharged LS motor, but who knows when that will happen.
Can't change the overall look of the car (tattooed on my arm ;D)

My old car was a ProStreet 72 Nova - Big Block - 12 point cage - etc (street driven)
NNOVA.jpg

My favorite car of all time! 8) 8)

I was born in '55 and my grandpa bought a BelAir that summer. My dad got the car after grandpa passed away and we had it in the family until I was 15, when 'dear old dad' sold it to a friend of his for $175!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

We had no room for it actually, so it really was best to let it go! I was still pretty choked though!! ;D ;D

Yours looks great! I love seeing them so lovingly cared for! ;D ;D 8) 8)

I had one when I was a kid. It was a hardtop like yours, but with 350 , 4speed and 12 bolt rear axle. The ls plan sounds great. Probably need more tire and rear axle though. Hopefully, you are smarter than me and won't sell it.

If I do put a procharged LS motor in the car and keep it on the tires on their now, I wont have to worry about breaking anything.
You only break stuff with you hook, and with a 4'' wide Bias-ply tire putting down 450+ HP no "hooking" is going to happen of any kind ;D. All I really want is a low/clean car that can do wicked burnouts and be drove across the country if I so choose. Something I can cruise at 80mph on the tollway, and then do a 4 block long burnout.

I have had racecars in the past(my blue Nova), and no matter how much power they make a street driven car with 1/2 the power is much more fun..

Sweet car 55' is my favorite shoebox! 8)
I also like the old Buicks with the "port holes" fenders.

coolatula said:
I also like the old Buicks with the "port holes" fenders.
I agree..
Shame that the whole "vent" craze has taken over with the g-funks and modern cars.. :mad:
50's Oldsmobiles are cool as well..

Back
Top Bottom