"Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

trek97 said:
$850. Titled 1967 BSA 650 Chopper, 25mi from my house...

https://chambana.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1967-bsa-650-lightning/6658246026.html

Man that would look slick on your walnut service table...

DO IT

local listing:
https://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1971-honda-750/6675046228.html

$10k or higher for original SOHC 750. wow

It's getting pretty insane. I see a lot of 750's on E-bay that are relisted time after time for months... People forget we got in this hobby because old bikes are fun and interesting to work on. $10k??? You can keep it. Reality was, yes they were dependable, but fairly piggish and poor handling. Anybody take one of these to the ton? Nice wobble will meet you there. Yes a few adjustments will calm this, but c'mon $10k? I guess some said the same thing a few years back about Commando's or Vincent's. I'm getting old and crabby and miss buying $400 bikes that were fun to work on, make a few bucks and find another.

I truly admire the people on this site. Some of you drag these bikes out of lakes and rivers, more often some old shed or garage and build really nice rides. Far better than the stuff I'm able to cobble together. I just sold my BSA and will continue to look for projects, but a lot of the shine is being rubbed off this hobby, and my hands don't work like they used to so more likely I'll watch what you fine people build and leave the $10k bikes to those that would rather buy, than build nostalgia...

^^ I missed out on a '72 CB750, seller had it listed for $1200 CAD, one owner, 7000kms, original from front to back with toolkit and manual. She obviously got inundated with yes pleases, pulled the ad and had it up again for over $3000. Probably still worth the money but man what a low stunt.

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

The Jimbonaut said:
^^ I missed out on a '72 CB750, seller had it listed for $1200 CAD, one owner, 7000kms, original from front to back with toolkit and manual. She obviously got inundated with yes pleases, pulled the ad and had it up again for over $3000. Probably still worth the money but man what a low stunt.

Hey now, if you had 3-4 offers for deposits in the first hour, wouldn’t you research what you were selling a little more too?

I kinda get it though, i always price my stuff at the “if someone is dumb enough to give me this” levels. That way i can tell the wife it’s for sale, and i just keep the ad up until she forgets

ApriliaBill said:
It's getting pretty insane. I see a lot of 750's on E-bay that are relisted time after time for months... People forget we got in this hobby because old bikes are fun and interesting to work on. $10k??? You can keep it. Reality was, yes they were dependable, but fairly piggish and poor handling. Anybody take one of these to the ton? Nice wobble will meet you there. Yes a few adjustments will calm this, but c'mon $10k? I guess some said the same thing a few years back about Commando's or Vincent's. I'm getting old and crabby and miss buying $400 bikes that were fun to work on, make a few bucks and find another.

I truly admire the people on this site. Some of you drag these bikes out of lakes and rivers, more often some old shed or garage and build really nice rides. Far better than the stuff I'm able to cobble together. I just sold my BSA and will continue to look for projects, but a lot of the shine is being rubbed off this hobby, and my hands don't work like they used to so more likely I'll watch what you fine people build and leave the $10k bikes to those that would rather buy, than build nostalgia...
Yep. At the prices folks are wanting now, even for "barn finds," I'd just assume buy something newer, better handling, and just as reliable for the same, or less money.

farmer92 said:
I kinda get it though, i always price my stuff at the “if someone is dumb enough to give me this” levels. That way i can tell the wife it’s for sale, and i just keep the ad up until she forgets
That's SOP over here too.

J-Rod10 said:
Yep. At the prices folks are wanting now, even for "barn finds," I'd just assume buy something newer, better handling, and just as reliable for the same, or less money.
like those gas monkey ass hats and Barrett-Jackson getting huge money for muscle cars, who can afford to buy one?

This must be the "wife said sell it" (but he doesn't want to) kinda price... $9k ....
https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/d/kawasaki-zx/6668440055.html

Attachments

• 00909_kFcC3DyBQrf_600x450.jpg
    00909_kFcC3DyBQrf_600x450.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 862
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-moto-chopper/longueuil-rive-sud/1972-kawasaki-h1-project-parts-bike/1384235546?

Hell of a project bike...

advCo said:
Dear god...

00O0O_dt5Uk8wFlLn_600x450.jpg

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1993-kawasaki-cafe-racer/6730304038.html
At least they're not asking $3K, with a "I know what I have, don't lowball me."

yep, If you were looking for one of those to hack into a project, that could be the perfect one. Already cut up, so you wouldn't have to feel bad about cutting up a complete bike. That said, I don't know if anyone has actually ever been looking for a kz ltd... haha (at least I think that's what that started life as?)

Holy vomit! Where trumps big beautiful wall when you need it? If it keeps shite like that out then I'm suddenly all for it.

Re: "Cafe Racer" such a loose term! Craigslist "Gem" of the week!

The Limey said:
Holy vomit! Where trumps big beautiful wall when you need it? If it keeps shite like that in then I'm suddenly all for it.

Fixed it for ya.

Back
Top Bottom