Triangle DTTs Monthly Meetup (Raleigh) 4th Wednesdays at 6:00 p.m.

Next session:

D3T May monthly meet up:
6:00 p.m. , May 23rd.

The Piper's Tavern
8304 Falls of Neuse Rd., Raleigh, NC 27615

See you there!

Of course you guys wait till after I move to have a meetup right around the corner from my old house.

Anything planned for this month? Caught some of you briefly at Hibernium in Cary a couple months ago. Just found your forum.

Pipers is just down the road from me. Sorry I missed it.

Recently sold my 76 GoldWing and 79 CBX. You would have liked them. And, yes I bought them new.

Re: Triangle DTTs Monthly Meetup (Raleigh) at 6:00 p.m.

So, we changed things up a bit this year, for those not in the know.

2nd Wednesdays in Durham

4th Wednesdays in Raleigh

Still at 6:00 pm. Locals vary.

For February, Durham meetup will be held at Alivias this week.

Raleigh meetup at Boylan Street Brewpub

OK, next meet up is this Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 - at the Bridge Street Brew Pub in downtown Raleigh. See you there!

OK, so question time - as most of you may know, we've been having 2 monthly meet ups lately - 1 in Durham on the 2nd Wednesday, and 1 in Raleigh on the 4th Wednesday. Adam and others put a lot of thought into changing up locations last year, and that has been fun.

Adam and Les have also put a lot of energy into starting the "Fuel The Bull" bike nights in Durham - to be held on 1st and 3rd Fridays. The weather has been a little hard on it, but it has a promisng future...

So, do we still need all the Wednesday meet ups? I can't make the bike nights 1st and 3rd Fridays, due to other obligations... so personally, I'd like to continue having some kind of meet up I can attend.

What ya'll think? Is there enough interest to have 4 events each month? Should we just do the Raleigh meet up, and let the Bike Nights take the place of the Durham meetings?

Meeting tonight - 6:00 at Tylers Taproom in downtown Raleigh! Come on out!

Next month's Raleigh meetup TBD. Maybe Matt is on point.

What is the deal on the next Durham meet up, Bubba? Are you off point?

Hey all,

I found out about cafe racers about a year ago and have been grinding to earn some money to start my own. I've always wanted to restore a '69 Vette since high school, but was never able to for many immovable reasons. So when I heard about building up cycles, I figure this would be good to wet me appetite while I wait for the vette project. Finally got around to getting my cb a month ago and have been wrenching since.

Strolled around the site some more today and found out about local DTTs - and what do you know, there's one for the Triangle! Planning to be done before winter this year, but of course something always pops up (as I've already found when removing my cam this past week). Anyway, just wanted to say hello and give ya props for keeping this going since 2010! Hope to see yas around. Cheers.

1Absent1yAware1 said:
Hey all,
Planning to be done before winter this year, but of course something always pops up (as I've already found when removing my cam this past week). Anyway, just wanted to say hello and give ya props for keeping this going since 2010! Hope to see yas around. Cheers.

Welcome to the group! Come out to a meetup some time! We have the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays, and the 1st and 3rd Fridays at Fuel The Bull. Also, if you want some wrench assistance, invite us over and we'll drink all your beer... lol ;)

Where are you located?

Wow, please excuse my late reply. I'm new to the forum game and never saw the replied to posts tally at the top right.

I'm from Chapel Hill originally, schooling in Raleigh, and now in good ol' Mebane, NC. So I'm pretty familiar with the Triangle area, but can't say I've been to Fuel the Bull before. I appreciate the offer for the help! Um while I'm here...would someone kindly PM me a how-to for removing a rotor after taking the engine apart except for the rotor?? Currently splitting the case and found out I have to remove the rotor first. Whoops. But yeah, I'll try to meet up whenever my schedule will let me! First round's on me for the help!

Check to see if your front axle is the same thread as your rotor. Sometimes they are and you can use one as a puller.
They are keyed onto the crank end with a tapered fit.
I'm in Saxapahaw, btw...

Welcome!

If you havn't yet, look us up on Facebook "DTTTriangle". A lot of our meetups and rides get organized in that space...

Cheers,
-Will

Mebane, eh? That is not far at all... folks roll into the Durham meets and FTB from Greensboro... you are on the way!

Back
Top Bottom