lets see your helmets

dead bound said:
It has canvas type? ear guards/flaps (behind the ear padding) that are secured to the shell with the rivets/snaps as shown on the outside. No picture with me.

I am not sure it that material would be strong enough to hold in place.

Picture013.jpg

yeah.. I agree.. Im not sure if its gonna work unless you drill holes into the helmet shell..
Check out the lid I just bought.. notice the leather flaps inside..

Incidently.. Ive decided to put another one of my lids up for sale:

http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=11877.0

along with my main red metal flake lid. i have one of these...

259439275_o.jpg

but i dont use it really cause i feel like this in it...

spaceballs_large_13.jpg

am i just crazy or are these style like the momo ones supposed to look real big. the first time i got it out of the box and tried it on my gf just about died laughing. its that big.

Malcolm Smith Motorsports is about a mile from where I live. He had a blowout parking lot sale a couple of months ago. I needed a new helmet for the upcoming racing season and he had HJC helmets on sale for $60. Unfortunately the design was called "Mutant". Butt ugly but I thought what the hell? Its for racing I should care what it looks like? Turn out I couldnt stand it. So I threw a quick rattlecan lick of paint on it. Not sure I like what I did but its better than what was on there.
img1375w.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2009-12-03

Yes. I had a little bit of clear in a can and shot it and then hit it with some hand glaze to see if I could make it look something besides ugly. Its like the old saying. If you can't make it right, make it shiny.

Just about. Mine is the CL-16. Same design but no color. My wife said "Very Goth". I guess that was her way of saying ugly. The "arrows" are the same but where the color is was black and white. Thought I could tolerate it but couldn't.

I agree that is a little busy for my taste. So hey for $60 bucks and a little spray paint you have yourself a real nice lid.

I needed a Snell 2005 for the lakes racing next year and a Snell 2005 for $60 is unbeatable. A night with a couple of cans of paint and some masking tape and I at least don't have to wear a paper bag over my helmet!

img1373b.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2009-12-03

just won this on ebay a few days ago.
dirt cheap.
and thought the aces kinda go well with the cafe thing.lol
either way, cant pass up a cheap bid haha

Here is part of my helmet collection 8) 8) 8) ....

Attachments

• New Fulmer Full Face Helmet ...... with Davida on the left.....jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 487
JRK5892 said:
240zqfm.jpg

one that i have rebuilt
qye44p.jpg

I also just rebuilt another one and i am matching it to the cafe paint... i will have pics of that as soon as i get it back from my buddy doing my paint

1zqamh5.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA I think you and I will get along just fine!!!!

ha ha ha i am a pretty laid back cat... wifey is ready to go out, holla at you guys! have a great new years!

Back
Top Bottom