DWMS Racing RD350 Cafe Racer! New Gold Leaf Lettering And Graphics!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Final Assembly Photos!

Wow! We see many beautiful and cleverly constructed bikes on this site. This has got to be one of the best, and that is saying a lot. Who would have thought browns could look so right??

I am sorry if this was previously posted, but could you tell me which brown you used if it was spray painted? Thanks in advance!

Edit: absolutely gorgeous bike btw.

As always Joe, your work is as near perfection as anyone can get, awesome job.

We took a break from working on the RD350 while we decided what the final plans for her would be however we are now finishing her! We decided to go without a front fender so I built a new all steel fork brace and drilled speed holes in it to match the ones that we cut in the cylinder heads and the rear chain guard that I built. For the rear tag mount we decided to build a side mount to keep the back of the bike clean so I made a mount out of 16 gauge steel that bolts to the rear axle. Brother Bluesmokey74 found this awesome Rivera Primo Hedled headlight system in Alien Black with integrated LED lights around the outside of the headlight that can be used as turn signals or running lights so I mounted it today! I took the bike off of the lift and rolled her outside to take some photos however they are not very bright as it was late in the afternoon however I thought you all would enjoy getting to see how she is resting this evening!

DWMS Racing RD350 New Final Assembly Photos!

This thing would look sick with a waspy quarter fairing.

EDIT: already looks super rad. Solid work

Pure joy right there, brother.

So happy with the choices so far! It's going to be a super nice RD when we're done! I can't wait to hear what this thing sounds like with those pipes on her! Great job Joe!!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Photos! Custom Seat, Fork Brace, And Tag Mount!

I finished building the seat pan for the tail section that I built for the RD350 cafe racer so we found some nice material that matches the paint and one inch foam to cover the pan with!

I finished building the all steel front fork brace for the RD350 cafe racer build, I drilled speed holes in the top of it to match the speed holes I drilled in the cooling fins of the cylinder heads and the custom chain guard that I built for this motorcycle!

I finished building the custom side mount tag bracket for the RD350 cafe racer build!

Nice job!

Are the subframe extensions through to the main down tubes helping with flex in the back end of the RD? I assume you have to pull the jugs to remove the bottom half of the motor?

The motor is super sexy and the pipes look the part to finish it all off, but personally I would shorten the excess in the tubes to the silencers. 8)

Nice work bro!!!

late on board.

great RD you got there>!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Photo! Mikuni Flat Slide Racing Carburetors!

Thank you all for the compliments Brothers, they truly mean a lot to us! Brother Tune-A-Fish we are completing the bike now and this is the first frame we have modified with this design so as soon as we test ride the bike we can give more details about how she handles and yes you are correct the bottom end of the engine is installed or removed from the side without the cylinder heads and cylinders installed.

Brother bluesmokey ordered an awesome set of new Mikuni flat slide racing carburetors so I installed them with a new set of billet reed valve spacers yesterday!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Photo! Mikuni Flat Slide Racing Carburetors!

I installed the new motion pro throttle cable, sealed the inside of the gas tank, cleaned and installed the gas cap, latch, and lock, and installed a new set of ABM alloy grips on the RD350!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Photos! Clutch Rebuild!

I finally found a very nice replacement inner clutch hub so I installed the clutch assembly with new clutch plates and springs in the RD350!

Re: DWMS Racing RD350 New Photos! Clutch Rebuild!

Did you rebuild the basket drive section (urethane dampers)? Just curious if it is similar to my RZ (basket riveted to the drive gear)

Back
Top Bottom