000_0003_07.jpg

000_0002_00.jpg

000_0008_01.jpg

000_0007_05.jpg

000_0001.jpg

100_5205.jpg

000_0002.jpg

100_5214.jpg

Brother are you asking about the piece on the bottom of the rod? Flat head Briggs engines do not have a oil pump, etc. so the engine has a splash oil system. The piece on the bottom of the rod is called an oil dipper, while the engine is running the oil dipper splashes the oil that is in the bottom of the crank case around inside the engine. Factory oil dippers are a piece of sheet metal that bolts to the bottom of the connecting rod however they are known to break at over 3600 rpm so the racing rods like this billet rod have the oil dipper machined in to the rod cap as we run the race engines between 6000 and 10,000 rpm.

Brother Freddy the cost of our engine builds vary greatly depending on what you are considering having done, if you would like to email or call me I would be honored to talk to you about your build! We are located in south east Alabama close to Dothan.

www.dwmsracing.com
334-673-3747
joe@dwmsracing.com

joeyputt said:
Brother Freddy the cost of our engine builds vary greatly depending on what you are considering having done, if you would like to email or call me I would be honored to talk to you about your build! We are located in south east Alabama close to Dothan.

www.dwmsracing.com
334-673-3747
joe@dwmsracing.com

He is just posting random crap to get to 100 posts and get the DCC discount.

Back on track though, awesome engine builds man!

Holy cow. I wouldn't want to install that thing. I'd just set it on my kitchen table and stare at it.

Nice work!

Thank You Brother 1sttimer! Here is a link to the build thread for the motorcycle if you would like to look at it! http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=42508.0

Back
Top Bottom