F'n Right (patch info)

Re: F'n Right

I don't know about that one CresentSon, looks a little unbalanced and out of proportion. I think try it without the skull at all!

Also, I think it would be cool to loose the Cafe race and replace it with Dirty South there, due to the fact that some of us may ride bobs and even chops! DTT incorperates us all, Dirty South designates our area, I don't think we need Cafe Racers on there, just my $.02 on that

Deviant and I talked about it and we would like to use the same slogan as east coast: "built not bought"! We believe it describes our philosophy on bikes and what DTT is all about.

Please guys, put in your $.02 and lets all get something we agree on. I am pleased to be part of this community and look forward to road ahead!

Let me know what you think of my ideas and throw yours on the table too!

Ah, that's awesome! It's like you read my mind.

Couple comments (sorry, I'm an engineer so I'm nitpicky)

1) loose the raised part of the jug that the Xs are on and make the Xs more hand draw looking, like some old geezer with two teeth left etched them into the jug with one of the old teeth that fell out.
2) As I said, the skull may be too much (although it is awesome). Most of the other patches seem to be fairly simple. I also had a vision of the jug like the second on in my post tip over and spilling, and the puddle taking the shape of a spade. But again, it may be too much.
3) I also like the "Built not bought" slogan and think it captures the base spirit of the DTT folks pretty well.
4) Maybe just throw the moonshine jug in the spade? Straight up? Tipping over? On it's side?

FYI, here is the thread with the other patches.....
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10221.30

Also.....Why is the south "Dirty"?

Cresentson rocks btw.

I like everything you put so......+1 on all of it!
Cresent does rock!
and the south is dirty cuz thats how we roll! don't ya know!
:D

The only other idea I have come up with is to put a dragon on there.

Someday, I will ride his tail.

20070421-001.jpg

My vote goes to the jug on it's side and the drippings. maybe spade shaped puddle would be too much.
I also love Built Not Bought. But east coast has that... It definately needs to say Dirty South though!

Ha!

CresentSon said:
Take 2. Might need whiskey fueled.?
index.php

A little tweaking and I think you've nailed it.

I'm not a fan of whiskey (although I've heard those gents over at the winged piston are) but alcohol fueled, or ethanol fueled might be a nice touch if you could work it in.

how about a gator drinking from the jug? haha we got beat. Maybe a tabacco leaf in there somewhere. I guess i'm a poser as from up north but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

CresentSon said:
Take 2. Might need whiskey fueled.?
I like this but maybe with the bottle a little higher up and slightly smaller and the ethanol fueled in the liquid which would have to be slightly higher.
Our patch will be Bad Ass!!!

Redo on the "Dirty South". I though it needed to be in the same font as "Do The Ton", especially since I added the "ethanol fueled".

Attachments

• DSJUG2.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 546

CresentSon said:

It's kind of ironic that I go out of my way to get gas without any ethanol in it. Maybe it shouldn't say "ethanol". People might think our bikes run on E85 or whatever that horse piss is called.

Definitely diggin the patch.

Flugtechnik said:
Maybe it shouldn't say "ethanol". People might think our bikes run on E85 or whatever that horse piss is called.

I had the same thought... I just do what the masses and the voices in my head agree on. :D

I agree the ethanol needs to be something else...If not ethanol then what? Alcohol? Skint Back? High Speed Low Drag? It needs to pertain to the jug o shine though. Anybody got something?

I guess alcohol would be better. I liked whiskey fueled, but I don't think I would call that whiskey, although after reading some, I guess it technically is.

Hmmm, here are some other names for shine.

Basics of Bootleggin' and Moonshinin'
Here are the basics....a bootlegger is a person that sells illegal whiskey and a moonshiner is a person who makes the whiskey illegally. Moonshine goes by many names such as:

* corn liquor
* white lightning
* sugar whiskey
* skull cracker
* popskull
* bush whiskey
* stump
* stumphole
* 'splo
* ruckus juice
* rotgut
* stumphole
* catdaddy
* mule kick
* hillbilly pop
* white lightning
* panther's breath
* tiger's sweat
* sweet spirits of cats a-fighting
* alley bourbon
* city gin
* cool water
* happy Sally
* blue John
* jump steady
* see seven stars
* old horsey
* block and tackle
* wild cat

Flugtechnik said:
* white lightning
* popskull
* ruckus juice
* hillbilly pop
* sweet spirits of cats a-fighting

Some of my favorites... don't know how we'd use 'em though.

What about something gerneral, "chaos fueled", "liquid chaos", "liquid ruckus" etc... Everyone knows what is in the bottle, maybe just some kinda southern reference, let the bottle speak for itself?

Don't know, but I work tonight and I gotta get some sleep. See ya shortly in the am.

how about something that most of us southern peeps have..... 2 old school revolvers crossed and maybe a skull in the middle or a jug o shine or maybe just the guns with spades on the grips

Guns-n-spades sounds pretty kick ass! I think we need no words honestly except DTT and Dirty South, but I still like the built not bought, even if it is used by the east, we are all brothers here! The shine jug rocks too, I like it lower in the pade or just have it replace the spade all together! Maybe try the jug standing upright in the center replacing the spade and then make the checker patern out of small spades stagered like the blocks of the checker pattern.

I am just thinking out loud, just to get some creative juices flowing!

P.S. I like "rucus juice", I had never heard that one!

I like the revolver idea, but if they were crossed in front of the jug you might not be able to tell it's shine. Would you still be able to see the revolvers crossed behind the jug? There's a name for 'shine that prisoners make out of koolaid and juice and stuff.. i can't remember the name right now... Anyway this is coming along nicely! Nice job with the photoshoppin Crescent.

Maybe center the jug-o-shine drop the spade and checkers and place the revolvers to either side of the jug at a 45 degree angel with the barrel ends faceing the spout of the jug!

I think it can't get much more southern than firearms and alcohol!

Back
Top Bottom