WTB: XL350 k0 seat pan, 35mm Fork Tubes

adventurco

Nick Ol' Eye
DTT BOTM WINNER
UPDATED for other s**t i need.

Looking for a straight 18" dimpled aluminum or steel rim for the 360

Looking for a few things for the XL350. In need of a stock seat pan (preferably with the hardware to lock into the frame), condition of the seat itself is irrelevant.

Also need fork stanchions, they are the 35mm ones.

Random shit:

-Dirt bike handlebars (Renthal, protaper) 7/8"
-Decent off road pegs
-Any kind of dirt bike -esque muffler, FMF etc

Re: WTB: XL 350 k0 seat pan, 14.25" shocks

i may have a usable pan it was there in the costco car tent where the cats piss last week
i think i have a couipl;e pairs of boge ltg shocks in that length if you feel lioke rebuilding them yourself you could get a deal in your budget maybe i dunno what your budget is ,tough guy
i could also make you a great deal on some chrome bodied konis in that length i would need to reseal them inspect the innards etc
but they are good shocks quite a step above the standard issue hagen(mainly because they are easily adjusted and servicable ) 4 position externally adjustabe rebound damping settings
i can let them go cheaper if you reseal them yourself

just google ikon shocks they are identical to those
14.25 is that stock legnth ? do youy need forks ? what the plan keep it and ride it?
i have been itching to do a very worthwhile mod for somebody that wants to keep the 21 stock front wheel but would like a whole lot better braking
with some minor machining i can fix you up with the twin leading shoe brake
an sl350 or cb175 front drum brake is same diameter and a while back with some study i realized it could be easily adopted (just the twin cam brake panel assembly)to the very cool conical xl hub ,you end up with alot better anchor to slow that ship down ;)

xb33bsa said:
i may have a usable pan it was there in the costco car tent where the cats piss last week
i think i have a couipl;e pairs of boge ltg shocks in that length if you feel lioke rebuilding them yourself you could get a deal in your budget maybe i dunno what your budget is ,tough guy
i could also make you a great deal on some chrome bodied konis in that length i would need to reseal them inspect the innards etc
but they are good shocks quite a step above the standard issue hagen(mainly because they are easily adjusted and servicable ) 4 position externally adjustabe rebound damping settings
i can let them go cheaper if you reseal them yourself

just google ikon shocks they are identical to those
14.25 is that stock legnth ? do youy need forks ? what the plan keep it and ride it?
i have been itching to do a very worthwhile mod for somebody that wants to keep the 21 stock front wheel but would like a whole lot better braking
with some minor machining i can fix you up with the twin leading shoe brake
an sl350 or cb175 front drum brake is same diameter and a while back with some study i realized it could be easily adopted (just the twin cam brake panel assembly)to the very cool conical xl hub ,you end up with alot better anchor to slow that ship down ;)

Let me know what you want for the pan as long as its not falling apart and I can put a cushion on top or use for a mold for fiberglass...

Budget up in the air right now I'm not sure if its worth keeping yet needs good bit of engine work to get back up and running. 14.25 was what i pulled off not sure if stock length the shocks on there were aftermarket junk need to check manual. May need fork tubes not too sure yet have just got them off the frame, they look straight but some pitting maybe

Brake mod is interesting will definitely think about it if I end up keeping and riding

adventurco said:
Let me know what you want for the pan as long as its not falling apart and I can put a cushion on top or use for a mold for fiberglass...

Budget up in the air right now I'm not sure if its worth keeping yet needs good bit of engine work to get back up and running. 14.25 was what i pulled off not sure if stock length the shocks on there were aftermarket junk need to check manual. May need fork tubes not too sure yet have just got them off the frame, they look straight but some pitting maybe

Brake mod is interesting will definitely think about it if I end up keeping and riding
i think it is solid but for some reason i left it at the location
if you decide you can use it just pay the shipping and pad that for a nice drive thru cuppa at the dutch bros
i get tard of my own coffee at times
if your buiilding it to hit the fireroads with and whatnot if i were you i would keep stashion away a save acct for decent shocks and get the springing balanced front and back ,but it can be a fools mission buying shit now like shocks if it wont ruin strong without major work
first order of bus with those is verify that the rubbing/spinning/sliding surfaces in the head ,still have plenty of smoke packed inside ,that it hasnt all been let out :)

Re: WTB: XL 350 k0 seat pan, 14.25" shocks, fork tubes, "dirt bike" stuff

Updated for other stuff I need. Would be open to buying a complete front end from a dirt bike.

I have 13.5" Redwings and 14.75" MDI. Probably from Dime City or somewhere. They've been passed around amongst friends, but never actually ridden on.

3053e95ecd3698c4555f232596c4f454.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

adventurco said:
Updated for other stuff I need. Would be open to buying a complete front end from a dirt bike.
anything modern ie long travel would need some serious work to cut down short enough
you cant put a 10-12" travel set of forks on it and have anything riadable the geometry will be so far out of whack
what kind of riding do you want to do with the bike ?
or if you are going to sell it what kind of bike will it be?
the stock 35's are fine for what the bike is left close to stock
they are easy to work on and have a far superior axle clamping design over any other 35's ever used on antything
you can safely and easily extend the travel and ride heigth of the stock 35's an inch no more
you would need to do that anyway with longer than stock shocks to maintain the xl's near perfect nuetral handling qualities
i have some sets of those forks i could together the parts you need
the seat base i have now we loaded a trailer full of scrap frames and wheels yesterday
its out in front of the shop now baking in the 100+ heat, as soon as eggs wont fry on any flat surface this evining,out there ill see if i can sus out whether its usable
i have 2 of those frames and swingarms going to scrap tommorrow,speak now or hold your peece :D
the seat its still on the frame i guess i need to destroy the seat lock :mad:

xb33bsa said:
what kind of riding do you want to do with the bike ?

I want it to be about 65% offroad / 35% on road.

xb33bsa said:
the stock 35's are fine for what the bike is left close to stock
i have some sets of those forks i could together the parts you need

Original plan was to keep everything stock but top fork tubes are pitted to shit, brush off the rust tomorrow but I'm pretty sure 1 of them at least is unusable from rust/pitting. So I would be interested in buying a good set of upper fork tubes, all the rest of the parts are good and I will do new seals/bearings.

xb33bsa said:
the seat base i have now we loaded a trailer full of scrap frames and wheels yesterday
i have 2 of those frames and swingarms going to scrap tommorrow,speak now or hold your peece :D
the seat its still on the frame i guess i need to destroy the seat lock :mad:

Save best swingarm out of the 2 if not rotted, mine is usable but could be better, but let me know $$

Re: WTB: XL 350 k0 seat pan, 14.25" shocks, fork tubes, 18" dimpled alum/steel wheel

the scrap price now as lo as it is i should pay you ,1600lbs of mix got all of $9.33 anyway ill ley you know
i dont think i have perfect stanchions avalable just minorly pitted ill straighten if bent
a few flaws in the seal; area nothing a lil 400 grit hand work wont fix that way yer not underwater
are you fabricating? build a pipe just dont do much bigger than stock
stock carb and airbox works great the noise dam can be renmoved

WTB: XL 350 k0 seat pan, 14.25" shocks, fork tubes, 18" dimpled alum/steel wheel

xb33bsa said:
i dont think i have perfect stanchions avalable just minorly pitted ill straighten if bent
a few flaws in the seal; area nothing a lil 400 grit hand work wont fix that way yer not underwater

I will post up pics here later of mine to compare once I get the rust off

xb33bsa said:
are you fabricating? build a pipe just dont do much bigger than stock
stock carb and airbox works great the noise dam can be renmoved

Yep I will be fabricating exhaust if that's what you're referring to. Keeping stock carb and airbox as long as I can get the stock internals . Noise dam in the air cleaner unit? I will have to look into it

Re: WTB: XL 350 k0 seat pan, 14.25" shocks, fork tubes, 18" dimpled alum/steel wheel

adventurco said:
I will post up pics here later of mine to compare once I get the rust off

Yep I will be fabricating exhaust if that's what you're referring to. Keeping stock carb and airbox as long as I can get the stock internals . Noise dam in the air cleaner unit? I will have to look into it

seat pan and swinger both toast ill delve into a pair of tubes soon

sorry i took so long only to find i dsint have a decebnt viable pair

you can source the tubes from about 6 different honda models that all use basically identical forks
MR250 ALL
MT250 all
cr250m elsinore thru 77
xl250 xl350 thru 78 or 77
sl350 k1 -on

xb33bsa said:
sorry i took so long only to find i dsint have a decebnt viable pair

you can source the tubes from about 6 different honda models that all use basically identical forks
MR250 ALL
MT250 all
cr250m elsinore thru 77
xl250 xl350 thru 78 or 77
sl350 k1 -on

No worries. Thanks for the info - I will keep on the prowl on eBay for matching models.

Back
Top Bottom