1977 Suzuki TS250 R Build

beefycarnivore

Hey guys,

I have a 1977 Suzuki TS250 R that I bought as a teenager with LOW miles back in the 1990's, which I proceeded to put several thousand miles on in the woods of Maine and beat to a pulp since I had no respect for classics.

When I went off to college in 2000, the bike stayed behind and hasn't been run since. Sad, really. I've always thought about getting it back up and running, and now that I have a little money to put into it, I think it might be time.

After doing a search, I came across Ease's awesome build, which is pretty close to what I had in mind, but I didn't have quite as much bodywork in mind. It looks so good that my mind might be changed though.

I remember the thing being a little tall in gearing for the woods, so I geared it down, which made it run pretty hard on the street (70 was winding it out pretty good). Does anyone on here have experience with running these on the road? Is it possible?

And I'm sure I'll have plenty of other questions as I dig into the project. This thing hasn't run in 15+ years, but was running well when it was parked (strong).

I can't wait to get moving on this, and look forward to any help you folks may be able to offer

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0547[1].JPG
    IMG_0547[1].JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 289
Back
Top Bottom