1972 CB250 Brat Tracker FINISHED!

Re: Gentlemen's CB250 Brat Tracker

Going to shoot a static video on Monday.
Still waiting for the battery to arrive before I can fire her up.

I'm heading away for a week so it won't happen for a while unfortunately.

Will it not fire up without one then if the lights arent on, I thought they had a direct feed from the magneto to the coil?

Tom.

Battery arrived today.
Hooked her up and blew the fuse. Something is not wired up correctly. Bugger!

I'm away for a week so I won't get a chance to look at it properly until I get back.

Love your work it look great, where did ya pick up those tune-signals?

I also got the same indicators from japan.webbike.com for $20 a set

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rolled her off the table today.
Still trying to sort out wiring. Something is shorting causing the battery to drain. Some of the wires on the rectifier plug are a bit dodgy so I'm going to sort them out tomorrow.
It gets spark though!

5459_346271798806954_2010455374_n_zpsacc14726.jpg

Just picked up this 77 Yamaha YB100. One owner/deceased estate.
Complete minus seat trim, a mirror and a kickstart lever.
Should be a fun project!
522438_347215228712611_926495920_n_zpse4388093.jpg

Surfpig, I'm thinking of just chucking a new battery in, getting her running and fitting a new seat and call it done!

The CB is alive!

Check out the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-domprn_Ss

Re: CB250 Brat Tracker is ALIVE!

So since I had her running originally I've been busy trouble shooting.
First it wasn't charging, then we needed to setup the timing again, then chase a loose kill switch connection.

I think if I was do to this project again I would use brand new wiring and brand new OEM style connections.

Anyway she has passed a blue slip inspection and I will be getting a number plate tomorrow.
Time to hit the road!

Full shoot and video coming soon.

Re: 1972 CB250 Brat Tracker

Hey mate I just moved to Sydney. Coogee area. Great build I like your seat. Who covered it for you? And was it expensive. Im looking for someone to do mine cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 1972 CB250 Brat Tracker

Nevergrew, no probs with the blue slip. All they did was check lights and chassis/engine numbers. I was a bit nervous but the girl assessing it didn't even know what it was!

Scrambledpegs, I got mine done at Badger Upholstery in Fairy Meadow (Wollongong). It was $160 done in leather. $100 for vinyl.

Jump onto the Sydney Cafe Racers facebook group, if your not already, and someone should know a good upholster in Sydney.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/sydcr/

Also, if your around Sydney this weekend, head down to The Vic in Enmore for the Throttle Roll event on Saturday from 12pm. I'll have my bike on display, along with 50 other top custom bikes. www.throttleroll.com

Back
Top Bottom