FS: 1982 XS 650 Brat

follySS

Reluctantly selling my XS650 twin to fund another project. $2500, Located in Charleston, SC

Older custom build, brat style
Custom metalflake paint with pinstripes and scallops on tank, front fender, headlight body,and side panels
Custom 2 up seat in black with red stitching
Aftermarket speedo, tach installed in headlight - replaced tach cable, will need a new tach (dimecity.com)
Pod filters, custom turns and stop light, wrapped exhaust, euro bars
Front and rear lowered for stance, I have another set of rear shocks to replace the rusty ones

Kick and electric start both work, horn, turns, etc...

Bike is runs great, starts and stops, ready to ride and is a blast, sounds mean. A great daily rider, or take it to the next level. Only real issue is clutch could use adjustment and the wrinkle finish on the engine case is peeling.

Attachments

• IMG_0696.JPG
    IMG_0696.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0697.JPG
    IMG_0697.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0699.JPG
    IMG_0699.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0707.jpg
    IMG_0707.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
I built that bike a few years back. Sold it to a guy in NC. It was a fun ride.

Wow, that's cool. You did a good job, most reliable bike I've owned. Hate to sell it, but I'm trying to fund a 68 Triumph build.

What I started with:

Under construction:

Done:

Gosh, I guess that was back in '08-09. Wow, time flies...

Thanks! As stated in the OP "Only real issue is clutch could use adjustment and the wrinkle finish on the engine case is peeling"

That should be an easy fix. Can of wrinkle paint from Pep Boys, a little time taping up to prevent overspray, done.

scott s said:
That should be an easy fix. Can of wrinkle paint from Pep Boys, a little time taping up to prevent overspray, done.

Stay away from the VHT crink unless you do the whole part and strip, etch, prime and paint. the Harley davidson crink is good, not sure who makes it to get it cheaper but the crink is nice and it sticks decent on sanded surfaces without primer.

Im over in Mt. P.
Sweet bike. I saw that on craigslist earlier in the week. Assuming you already sold it.
Also have a 1982 Suzuki..... but a GN125.
Eventually, would like to sell my 125cc once I get it running right and would like to upgrade to something similar yours.

Back
Top Bottom