Cb200 "Hephaestus"

I can see a swinarm and a loop that's bolted through the rubber shock mounts. The bottom of the shock is connected to that loop but the front of the loop is unsupported - at least it appears so.

As the swingarm pivots up, that loop will pivot down unless it's triangulated/braced.

And the lower shock mount will slowly rip itself off the loop and embed itself in the rear tire making for a short flight followed by crunchy/groaning noises.

But it's possible that the builder has not shown us the final assembly yet.

Agreed. I meant that he mustn't w finished the swing arm yet.

Amen gents, the plan was to use that shock but we decided we need a shorter shock for everything to run smoother

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 240
I think it would look better if it matched the curvature of the tire, but either way that'll do it!

Rich Ard said:
I think it would look better if it matched the curvature of the tire, but either way that'll do it!

yeah that would look nice, the way we did it was so hide the brace behind the other frame piping when the bike sits still.

Alrighty so I'm planning on running a custom exhaust, does anyone know what piping dimensions I should order? Also this may be a beginner question, but exhausts with springs, are the springs used to attach parts that would not be able to be welded because of the design not allowing for one piece installation and removal?
See in the design where you would have to be able to take it apart for removal of the exhaust. (the bottom one )

Attachments

• Photo on 3-5-14 at 4.48 PM.jpg
    Photo on 3-5-14 at 4.48 PM.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 248
WRIST PIN FINALLY OUT JESUS CHRIST, i love getting texts from my dad that say he worked on it all day to get it out, i hope you all have a great day! Pretty damn happy my dad is more motivated than me on Wednesday afternoons

Maxd22 said:
Does that answer your question?
Somewhat. Straight tubes are stronger but the issue is still the rear mounts will flex slightly and the front is rigid. The rear should also be welded. And the lower shock mount will try to tear off the back of that cross brace. Try to gusset it or better still move it forwards to change the direction of the forces.

teazer said:
Somewhat. Straight tubes are stronger but the issue is still the rear mounts will flex slightly and the front is rigid. The rear should also be welded. And the lower shock mount will try to tear off the back of that cross brace. Try to gusset it or better still move it forwards to change the direction of the forces.

The goal is to move it to the front of the hoop, but we have to wait until we get that smaller shock, we ordered one that 10.5 inches yesterday. Honestly we got hurried and didn't do what we should have done, which was wait.

Are you welding stainless? I thought youd just go with straight steel when welding to the frame. What do you guys do on the side that allows for an excess of nice metal? or did you just go buy it all?

Well, I owe you all an apology. The bike came to a grinding halt when I became romantically involved wit the devil. She ate me up and spat me out. So here I sit at my computer with a few questions about the build. I need some input, leave the green on the tank, and match paint to the seat? Or brush everything besides the black tank paint and pin stripping?

Also the person that I am building this bike for decided that she prefers the club bars... So that is a new design challenge.

I personally like the green. I would keep it and have a black leather seat and some green accent features on the bike.
Cant picture the seat being the same colour, unless of course you are talking about the cowl and not the leather which I just thought of as I am typing this and too lazy to go back and correct the question posed. lol

bike looks great and excited to see how it goes forward from here

black leather seat with green stitching maybe...or that may just be too wild

Back
Top Bottom