1983 Suzuki GS1100G - Cafe Light Project aka Cafe Suzi

Spent some time in the garage today working on the cluster. The front panel is going to get the LED indicators. Those just arrived today as well as the harnesses. Going to work on that next week.

IMG_1584.JPG

I didn't even know they made an 1100g. Maybe it was never intended for the south african market. I will be following your build with interest, especially as i have to wait nearly 2 months to start my own new build (honda cx500). Good luck!

Small brag moment, here is a pic of my gs1000g which i restored after it was totalled by an unthinking cager... I love this bike!

Attachments

• Suzuki rebuilt.jpg
    Suzuki rebuilt.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 333
Been a while since I've posted. Made some progress on the project. Here are some pics...

Ordered a 2.5" mini speedo from DimeCityCycles. This thing is TEENY. I opted for the one without the LED indicators cause I had already wired up my own LEDs with a new harness.
IMG_1726.JPG

New tails and turn signals. Also made my side plate bracket. Bolts with LEDS on order.
IMG_1749.JPG

My buddy is cutting out some aluminum for my rearset brackets. They should be done early this week. Hope to get the rearsets mounted and completely functional by weekend.

Tank, side covers and some other piece are currently being painted as well. Still have to clean headers/exhaust, wrap headers, paint muffler...

Its coming on nicely. Interesting how youve done your tail lights, not the traditional single tail lamp. Did you consider integrating each side's tail and indicator? Or were you specifically wanting the twin lights for something different?

Modified the seat pan to give it some more room for the tire. Also eliminated that crossbar.

Also made some more progress on everything else...

Wrapped the headers... haven't decided if I'm going to spray them in the silicone spray yet or not...

IMG_1801.JPG

Painted the tank and part of the headlight, mounted the rearsets, painted the muffler, installed new stainless steel brake lines all around...

IMG_1816.JPG

Then I decided to add some pinstriping to the tank... I like it... Tank needs a few more coats of clear followed by a good buff/polish... but looking good so far.

IMG_1824.JPG

Then this morning I got the call from my "Upholsterer"... cover is done!!!!

IMG_1826.JPG

Still needs a couple of finishing touches, like cutting/painting fender, painting side covers, wiring up license place lights, buffing/polishing the finish... but I took it for a shakedown ride yesterday. 5 miles on it without issue. It pulls much better with properly built carbs and the pod filters.

Now I need warmer weather!!!

IMG_1840.JPG

Ordered a set of Clubman bars... should have them this weekend. Gives me time to get the license plate lights wired and to cut the fender.

Back
Top Bottom