cm400 first time build.

I'd love to be able to run a real hard tail on it. I may be able to soon at least I got a job at a speed shop with a pipe bender so I can make what I need and my boss is an amazing welder with mig or tig and does great work so maybe ill see if he would be interested in a little project lol

Thanks it looks bad ass now but needs some minor tweaks but I need to get the tank cleaned out and fuel filter change I flushed the tank. But still a little dirty should be cleaned good soon.

I want to try and modify a mustang dual cap gas tank on the bike not sure how I'm gonna do it yet as of now tho I just have to get it registered so I can get it inspected so I can actually ride it lol maybe next winter I'll do a real hard tail and modify the back bone to work with the tank I want.

Hello brother Dave, lately it seems I can't keep up with all the Gen2 Twin builds. Lovin the bobber style you have gone with. Probably better suited to the frame line without a complete Sub Frame Mod than a Cafe' would be.

In case you have not seen the thread I started to gather ideas for these bikes I would invite you to check it out. On page one are over 50 links to builds on these bikes. A link to the thread is at the bottom of my signature.

These bikes are finally getting some respect, Sin City's CR-400 was nominated for May BOTM, and Mine has been nominated for April.

I'm Subscribed.

Thanks I love this bike and has a lot more power then I expected out if it after taking it for a little longer ride can't go to far its not registered yet I just started working again at a local speed shop so I can put more money in it the bike its impressive it rides great a little stiff but nothing to bad I don't know how anyone could not like these bikes its so versatile it can easily be made into anything you want very easily I can't wait to see what people say when I haul ass down the road with it lol. I'm gonna take it to a few poker runs and bike shows to I'll have to check out your build I really love this bike lol my brother even wants to sell his 09 Yamaha yzf6r to get one for me to Bob it for him lol

The bike has insurance on it finally!!! Getting the title done and registered tomorrow finally be able to ride my work will inspected it for me can't wait to ride

Its finally home taking it Monday to get inspected it rides pretty damn nice but its a bit low for where I live the pegs scrap a bit lol may have to move em up a bit but no big deal.

IMG_20130427_160147_947_zpsc3f42ddb.jpg

The bike rides great I need to order handle bar bushings and tweet a few things but it runs great I may put bigger jets in go up one size of em since I pulled the mufflers and with the better coil it should run better with more fuel.

stick some pods on it, if they are 118 jets go to 120's. If they are the 112's go to the 118's. those lil motors love to have the more flow n fuel.

It runs great the way it is now I didn't wanna mess with it to much I've heard a lot of bad things about running pods.

I'll remove it after you see it,don't want to jump your thread or anything.

Its kool man I appreciate the info maybe I'll put pods on it one day maybe when I put a real hard tail on it. I do like the pods so ilI have to look into it for sure what size pods are they usually? I'm mainly using the bike to get to work right now I have a huge project I'm trying to finish up I'm neck deep in a frame off restoration on my 1979 Cherokee chief its half way done and after sitting 22 years it runs lol just have to Put it back together now it has a 360v8 that was rebuilt and bored to a 390 and say never ran since 1990 so its 100% fresh a lot of time and money invested in this beast that's for sure so the bikes on the back burner til I free up some time to make more stuff for it as of now its legal to ride so its good lol there's my chief I just got the front end done today still need to put the interior in and gas tank and lines and all that good stuff.

IMG_20130504_191558_465_zpsd49a5d53.jpg

Trust me, i know how it is,That Chief is gonna be cool as hell. You going with33's, 35's,a lift, or are you going more stock?

I'm gonna get some 33s for it and lift it maybe an inch or 2 I'm gonna take it to shows I have a 5 speed grand Cherokee for wheeling this is gonna be kinda like a restomod it has a 360 bored to 390 it has a heavy pulling cam edelbrock performer intake for power from idle to 5500 rpm and a 600 cfm edelbrock 4bbl carb I'm gonna put long tube headers into strait 3 inch pipe. It has a freshly rebuilt turbo 400 fresh Dana 44s and rebuilt quadratrac t case everything is either new or rebuilt. My uncle started the from IP 22 years ago and I took it over since it sat that long it needs work but the frame and floor are spotless its gonna be a great project it will probably only get 4mpg but I don't care lol.

Back on subject lol the bikes being a bitch I'm gonna have to take the gas tank to a shop and get it cleaned and sealed I cant deal with cleaning the carbs and filter anymore lol I thought it was clean enough but I guess not lol.

Still working out some bugs kinda aggravating not sure what's going on there is an exhaust tick after riding I was told this is do to it running lean but I don't know much about bikes im assuming I'll need to put 1 size bigger jets km running a stock air box and gm coil mod with pipes welded to the crossover would. Need to change the jets?

The bike runs smooth no spits or sputter its runs a best as its gonna with a little rust in the tank lol the plugs are clean and everything seems OK I was told the tick is the sound of the exhaust contracting from the heat I may need accelerator pumps but it seems fine now It has no issues beside seeping a little oil from the filter case which I think I fixed. I have the filter in wrong lol. And I made tranny lines for my jeep at work so I'll get to break the cam in finally this week

Back
Top Bottom