Mekanized Mayhem the inevitable start of the inevitable end

pesmrealistic

Bike:1978 Honda cb400a
Scope: Fun, clean, won't break my back.
Required Fab Implements: Torchmate 4x4, 1974 idealarc 300, linc 180, bender, brake, and I bet a hammer of notable girth.

I met a guy that built a "bobber" and as with most fab work I see around here... I found it lacking. The more I looked at his "creation" the more it just gave me ideas of how I would build it better. I have been in and around the fab game for a while now and I figure it is high time to get back on two wheels. Picture is how the bike rolled into the shop just after purchase.
To be continued...

Attachments

• day1 1978 cb400.jpg
    day1 1978 cb400.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 242
I don't know if you are done yet, but I think those shock mounts/rear section should be boxed in. I don't think this flat bars are strong enough as is, at least I would put a top or bottom on them like a C channeling.. But I like the idea, really neat. Signed up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Not flat bar and not even close to done. Seat mounts on top of that and the support from side to side depends how I decide the rear fender will be mounted. The mounts will be boxed either on the top, bottom, or both. I build stuff for desert racers so I tend to make shock mounts beefy.

I got ya, yea that's why I didn't jump the gun on criticism cause I wasn't sure if you had further plans. Cool man.

Desert racers huh? Need a copy pilot? Been a life goal to ride in a race like the baja 1000. I don't have to drive but I won't say no!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

IMG_20130520_054126_zps349e9f40.jpg
have been working so much on the containers to hold the new dock doors for the space station and on my first day off in something like 17 days and my computer dies... Waiting on my cad program to co-op with my new computer so updates are slim. Shaved a little on the tank, started to visualize the rear fender, mounted tires, and I think the seat pan is getting close.

I dont think it will run to good without a chain either... You know now that I look at the picture the brakes are not connected... Should I be concerned about that? If you arent going to read the above post were I stated "I WAS NOT DONE WITH THE SHOCK MOUNTS" then you are a waist of space and I need no further opinion. I have been building and working on vehicles that see forces no daily driven street bike will see unless the rider died. Good day sir, I hope you took your redbull and lubed up those fingers because your idiotic 2 cents are needed on many other threads. Get a life.

I forgot to ad that the bike is complete and I just took it to the track for some time trials. I think your right... The mounts might have been flexing a little but I couldnt tell because my fuel system was not hooked up so the best speed I managed was 10mph and at which time I had to flinstone my way to a stop(remember the no brake thing?) I think the next upgrade will be either having fuel lines or getting a chain on there. Maybe with those two things I can get up to speed to test the spaghetti noodle mounts that aren't even fully welded yet..?
WAFJ

Well so much for thinking that the bike crowd was cooler than the desert racers. I guess I'll just stick to posting pictures of other peoples bikes and making asshole comments about how I would never ride someones bike that is not even finished yet.
alveterzane

hillsy said:
Your shock mounts look flimsy. I wouldn't ride that.
I dont remember reading the part where he invited you to ride the thing!

Big Rich said:
Holy hell, man. Relax.
+ 1 w Big Rich...

EVERYBODY....SHUT THE FUCK UP! JESUS CHRIST, the guy is just getting started. Why dont we all just sit back a minute and see where this guy is heading. Give him a fuckin break.
And YES, No need to sweat 1 F'ing A-Hole comment.

Who the fuck wants to let him know his clubmans are upside down....anybody? Good god...isnt it obvious this thing is far from streetable.

I like the stretch...Im not the biggest fan of cutting on a swing like that...but, I know tons of guys have done it.
Also, the rear shocks I have on my 360 are pretty stiff (keep em on the softest setting) it has 2-3/4" clearance, I weigh 170 and havent bottomed out yet. 3rd season on rural illinois roads.

Keep going...so far its looking flippin awesome to me!

Alrighty - now that everyone has blown off some steam, let's continue with the build :)

BTW - containers for the ISS and desert racers? Let's see some of that stuff too!

Yeah - sorry I missed the bit where you said it wasn't finished.

But Jeez - toughen up princess ;D

pesmrealistic said:
I forgot to ad that the bike is complete and I just took it to the track for some time trials. I think your right... The mounts might have been flexing a little but I couldnt tell because my fuel system was not hooked up so the best speed I managed was 10mph and at which time I had to flinstone my way to a stop(remember the no brake thing?) I think the next upgrade will be either having fuel lines or getting a chain on there. Maybe with those two things I can get up to speed to test the spaghetti noodle mounts that aren't even fully welded yet..?
WAFJ

HA

Hope you stick around 'cause this was hilarious. We need more dicks who can weld around here.

Re: Re: Mekanized Mayhem the inevitable start of the inevitable end

bradj said:
There can only be but one highlander

I hear youre not so hot with a sword

We're not in Kansas anymore... Play nice Chadwick. BTW the bike is coming along nicely; good choice on a Honda twin ;)

Just picked up a 5 speed 400 engine. I had planned to just sell the bike when it's done but I think now I'm going to keep it. I think I want the extra power of the 5 speed and the idea of a suicide shift is making me pretty happy.

Thanks for the kind words from some and the drama from others. Either one is fun at this point.

Looks great dude! I've got a suzuki 550 that I'm about to start bobbing once I get it to crank fully. Hopefully it will end up looking something like yours.

Back
Top Bottom