2002 ducati monster 750??

jag767

Over 1,000 Posts
I'm going to look at a 2002 monster 750 limited edition with about 10k on the clock tomorrow, looking for some input. Guy is asking 3k for it, seems to be in fair to good condition, curious what to watch out for I'm not familiar with modern dukes. Bartering my time to work on a couple of his other bikes, and doing a little fab work on them came up, so I want to make sure i'm not doing charity work here, or i'd go apply for habitat for humanity. Anyone with input I'm all ears.

Re: 2002 ducati monster 750

Here is a photo. This bike has something interesting going on. Thats obviously not the factory swingarm or wheels, I dont think front end either. After looking they are definitely fron a 748. Im wondering if it is really a 748 mashed with a monster. Looks like it went down, maybe this was the end result?

Attachments

• $_3.JPG
    $_3.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 231
Well it isn't a 748, they had liquid cooled 4 valve motors and that is a 2 valve air cooled bike with what looks like a 748, 916, 996 or 998 swing arm

My first Ducati was a 2000 M750. Fun bike, loved the look. After having so many sport bikes, I loved having a naked bike that you could see the motor.

Since then I had a Monster S4 ( the 916 motor) and now a S4Rs with the 999 motor.

I can't think of a bike I would rather have as a only bike then a first gen Monster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rusnak_322 said:
Well it isn't a 748, they had liquid cooled 4 valve motors and that is a 2 valve air cooled bike with what looks like a 748, 916, 996 or 998 swing arm

My first Ducati was a 2000 M750. Fun bike, loved the look. After having so many sport bikes, I loved having a naked bike that you could see the motor.

Since then I had a Monster S4 ( the 916 motor) and now a S4Rs with the 999 motor.

I can't think of a bike I would rather have as a only bike then a first gen Monster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm thinking the prior owner may have taken two crap bikes, a 748 and monster 750 to make this. Look at the gold fork tubes, it's definitely a different front end too.

If that is the case be careful with the title, make sure it's not salvaged.
I'd give it a good hard look and if the owner doesn't have anything to say about the parts swapping move on.

SONIC. said:
If that is the case be careful with the title, make sure it's not salvaged.
I'd give it a good hard look and if the owner doesn't have anything to say about the parts swapping move on.

Allegedly clear title but i will see. Seems like a real nice guy. He is also the 3rd owner so he may not know.

Well, I now own whatever you call this thing. Rides great, and whoever did the work seems to have done a nice job. I need to tweak a thing or two, but it cost me a bunch of parts and some labor, no cash :D. The exhaust is grossly obnoxious, need to do something about it before I even ride it.

J-Rod10 said:
Definitely a 748/996 rear end. Look good, congrats on the new pick up.

Thanks! I started a thread in specials for it. Want to clean the bar area, new headlight/brackets, and just clean it up real good. If i get adventurous maybe play with the frame, and get a different seat and tank on there. There are tons of ducati tanks i prefer. But the first thing is the exhaust. Im gonna cut off the collect tip thing and weld on a reverse cone and see if it helps. Only problem is itll have to be a 12 inch which may not do much

Back
Top Bottom