Motogadget ?

CaseyAlbert

I have adapted the “gadget” to the ‘79 GS1000S I am restorng.
The “kill switch” is a switch as opposed to a button and works in reverse from desired. “OFF” is RUN, and vice versa.
I’m not at home right nowo look, but I belive the switch is normally closed for run, and open for off.
I sm keeping the stock switches as I am returning the bike to nearly stock.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Once you wrap your head around the “gadget,” you won’t go back! I spent a lot of time laying with the voltmeter to get things straight.

Thsnk you!

Are you running the kill switch through the m-unit and powering the coils from the AUX output?

No sir I am not. I hadn’t thought of that! Thanks!
I had thought about using the “stand” output, but am not sure whether that interrupts the ignition or the starter.
I have an iPhone, and had some hiccups with the app, so when I reset it eith an Android phone, it worked perfect. But since that phone was only home for the holidays, I haven’t wanted to “test” the iPhone again yet.

In this case, I might be inclined to skip the kill switch. The m-unit is configured by default to kill the power to the AUX port when you hold the starter button in for two seconds. If the power to the coils comes directly from AUX, the engine won't get spark and will stop running.

Back
Top Bottom