My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (expansion chambers underway)

beautiful work as usual!!!

This thing is heaps of badass.

Thanks for all the kind words :). I am trying to get hold of silencers from TZ Mike but I am not having any luck finding an email address to contact him on, does anyone have contact info. I know he is on flickr but I am not smart enough to figure out how to make contact through that site.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10430020@N08/sets/72157600954943500/

Got my silencers from TZMike, they are sweet! Just need to get the silencers mounted and the side stand fitted then I can start stripping everything down ready fro the frame to be powder coated.

Attachments

• silencers.JPG
    silencers.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 213

Silencers and side stand fitted.

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 234
  • side 2.JPG
    side 2.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 219

Thanks!
Now I can begin to strip everything down and finish welding the rearset hangers and side stand bracket to the frame, also modify the steering stop for more lock. Frame should be ready for painting then, of course I am thinking of a different color for the frame now which is causing a dilema. All along I was going to go with a gloss black frame and swing arm, now I am thinking of doing it silver as it might look good with the brushed aluminum finish of the tank and seat... we will see, who knows I may go for somthing completely different! For sure the wheels will be gloss black and maybe the triple clamps satin black. The cylinder heads will most likely be gold to tie in with the footpegs and calipers.

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (expansion chambers finished)

really love what you have done with it. Imo,the silver would not give contrast to your beautiful alloy work. maybe a dark grey or something along those lines would flow with it all but not blend with the alloy.

Wow, John great work all around. You're so close to finishing, very exciting. I never get tired of seeing your updates. Whatever your colour choice I'm sure it'll be cool.
Cheers, 50gary

Junior Burrell said:
really love what you have done with it. Imo,the silver would not give contrast to your beautiful alloy work. maybe a dark grey or something along those lines would flow with it all but not blend with the alloy.

I think your probably right about the silver blending in. I might look into some kind of black metal flake or candy.

A gunmetal might make the frame contrast enough or even something more crazy, but I agree the metal work needs to be contrasted to show because it is a work of art.

johnu said:
I think your probably right about the silver blending in. I might look into some kind of black metal flake or candy. Ooh,now ya talking. I'm a bit partial to the metal work,lol. But i know which ever way you go it will be beautiful!!!

holy cow batman! This project is amazing! :eek:

Have you got more details of how your made the tunnel for the tank?

shafted said:
holy cow batman! This project is amazing! :eek:

Have you got more details of how your made the tunnel for the tank?

Thx. Here is a link to the thread I did for making the tank http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=30717.0

I would keep the swingarm unpainted and just paint the frame. Even the orange of your shock absorber would make a good colour for your frame. I think you could go with a darker grey frame or a contrasting colour on this beauty. Man o man, I wish I could do work like you.

Thx for the kind words.

I am for sure leaning towards black metalflake powder for the frame now. I need to do some research on what's available now, I'd like it to have big pieces of silver flake in it but now sure yet what is possible. Something like this pic but with bigger flakes.

Attachments

• SUPER STAR BLACK POWDER COATING.jpg
    SUPER STAR BLACK POWDER COATING.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 645

Bass boat black !

Back
Top Bottom