My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

Mop n Glow? Gee I wished I knew that before I used some kind of cooking oil like Pam on mine.

I will clean that off and try the Mop n Glow, cool.

Got the heads on and the brake and clutch controls. No more gold, I promise! I can't believe I did the gold, I am not a bling type person normally. I think it will tone down when I get the tank and seat on.

Attachments

• heads.JPG
    heads.JPG
    261.2 KB · Views: 221

I'm usually not either,lol. But i love the accents an agree it'll look sweet when the kick ass body work is on!!! killer work bro!!

Thanks guys. I will probably leave the tank and seat until last, there are a ton of small things to work on before I get to that! Will be ordering my new carbs today.

I can't wait to see this, it's coming together so nice. Good work John.

I've used Mop n Glow and it works really well.

All cables, grips and switchgear on. I will be using a small bicycle speedo and a mini round mirror that clamps to the bars so there will not be much clutter in the bar area. Tank is just on there so I could route the cables.

Attachments

• controls.JPG
    controls.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 221
  • cockpit.JPG
    cockpit.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 211

johnu said:
Thanks! I will most likely use a 150, I need as much clearance for the chain as I can get. What brand is the tyre in the pics?

Shinko

So on to the dreaded electrical :mad: Here is the plan I have for all of my grounding (see pic below); I have sanded the powder coating down to bare metal on the bracket that is holding the rectifier and added a 6mm bolt which is captive to the bracket (it's the one sticking up with the plain nut on it. I plan to run the heavy ground wire from the engine to this bolt, also the heavy wire from the negative side of the battery and all the other grounds from lights and components. Does this sound right?

Attachments

• ground.JPG
    ground.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 223

The bike is looking good 8) that sounds like a good plan on the grounding.

Carbs arrived today :) Left side carb bowl hits ignition case :mad: Anyone else run into this problem? It is the bump in the bowl casting where the dowel for the float is pressed in. I see 3 ways to rectify the problem but I dont like any of them.

1. I could try filing down the bowl casting but I don't know how much I could take off until it goes through into the hole.
2. I could modify the ignition case (mill a chunk out).
3. I could use the original long manifolds which should give me clearance. However all the engine work was done with the intent to use short manifolds.

I would choose option #1 if I was sure that I could remove enough material without cause an issue.

Attachments

• carb1.JPG
    carb1.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 220
  • carb2.JPG
    carb2.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 222

Could you do some type of a "slightly" upward angle with a short custom carb manifold that's not going to cause float problems? Or possibly return/swap the carbs out for an angled down draft style carb? ??? I'm not up to date on a lot of things but that's a beautiful bike you've got going, to start milling covers and filling bowls would be a shame if there's another way around it. All in all though as I said that's one helluva good looking T500!

John, I have a set of VM 30s that Gary at Spec II modified to fit the RD he shaved the protruding bit from the bottom to make it work. I can try to snap a pic when I get to my bike later today. maybe that would ease your mind a bit. Its in the same spot on the left side
Scott

S Majure said:
John, I have a set of VM 30s that Gary at Spec II modified to fit the RD he shaved the protruding bit from the bottom to make it work. I can try to snap a pic when I get to my bike later today. maybe that would ease your mind a bit. Its in the same spot on the left side
Scott

That would be great, thanks Scott!

I have a set of 30mm from Spec ll for my RZ and Gary said to pry the left one up as you tighten the carb clamp to clear the clutch belcrank.

Make an aluminum wedge, thick at the bottom and thin at the top in the shape of the gasket. Put a gasket on each side and then the intake boot. It will get your carbs more parallel to the piston. I had angle milled some cylinders before and you would also need to shave the fins back on the heads.

What zooke said on the carbs ;) I can't wait to vote for this beast on BOTM ;D

Back
Top Bottom