My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (The Build Up Begins!)

50gary said:
John, about the oil pump, I'm certainly no expert but I'm reading an article in "Classic Bike" (the English magazine September 2013 issue) right now and it says "According to Pete O'Dell (Suzuki T-500/GT500 expert) another common mistake is to overlook fitting the two washers needed to space out the oil pump drive. Without these, the pump well seize or the drive will be damaged." This fellow was a mechanic for Barry Sheene so he might know something? Best of luck figuring it out.
Cheers, 50gary

Pete knows his stuff for sure.

Michigandude said:
Looks like the IRON MAN if you add some red haha

Haha, I knew someone would figure out that I am Tony Stark!!

Noooo! I've read to the end and now I have to wait in real time for the awesomeness to evolve!
Seriously though, Thanks for the great reading so far and congrats the bike looks amazing. I hope the oil pump issue is an easy fix.

Got my custom front brake lines today, made to my specs... and they fit perfect! Still waiting for the oil pump seal kit to arrive.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 218
  • photo (6).JPG
    photo (6).JPG
    232.6 KB · Views: 223
Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Almost Done!)

Oil pump still no go :mad: I installed the new seals and O rings put the pump back on and still not working. Next I hooked up the old oil tank that has a non return valve on it to see if that was the issue, still not working. Then I went with Teazers suggestion and tried forcing oil through the pump while the pump was turning, still not working!!!!

Eric, could you pm me a price for a used pump please.

Are the check valves opening or are the lines clogged?

johnu said:
Oil pump still no go :mad: I installed the new seals and O rings put the pump back on and still not working. Next I hooked up the old oil tank that has a non return valve on it to see if that was the issue, still not working. Then I went with Teazers suggestion and tried forcing oil through the pump while the pump was turning, still not working!!!!

Eric, could you pm me a price for a used pump please.

John I can send you a working pump I am in Bay Area let me know . I just can't believe a Suzuki pump not working ???

teazer said:
Are the check valves opening or are the lines clogged?

I cannot even get the pump to prime, there is no oil supply to the distribution lines. The line going in is clear with good flow.

cobraace2 said:
John I can send you a working pump I am in Bay Area let me know . I just can't believe a Suzuki pump not working ???

Ok thanks. I am going to play around a little more but I will contact you if I need the pump.

Pump on it's way from Zookie (foc thanks!). Small update got my mirror on with brake fluid reservior attached to the same bracket, I like simple and light!

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 248

Nice mount, but isn't all you will see your arm and wrist?

Brodie said:
Nice mount, but isn't all you will see your arm and wrist?

I knew someone would say that! You would be totally surprised if you tried it, there is no real obstruction at all.

johnu said:
Pump on it's way from Zookie (foc thanks!).

Praying that the pump Zookie sent across the country will breathe...er... "pump" the life back into this masterpiece. The suspense is killing us all.

Good luck man!

Can you believe it, after all the work I did building my gas tank the petcock is leaking. That'll teach me to buy the el cheapo ebay petcock :mad:

I hate petcocks in general. I now use Pingel. They're worth a look.
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
I hate petcocks in general. I now use Pingel. They're worth a look.
Cheers, 50gary

Gary, I think they are the petcock of choice for custom bike builders and racers. I will not skimp in this department again!

I ended up buying a new rear tyre, a 150. My trimmed down 160 was still a tad too wide and the chain was rubbing it slightly.

Zookie sent me an oil pump but the UPS truck that was carrying it caught fire so he will kindly be sending me another!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    341.8 KB · Views: 260
Back
Top Bottom