Helmet ID, Please

jwitt

Hi all. I lurk here a lot but I'm not much of a poster. I know there are folks on here that are into vintage helmets. This is one that I picked up a flea market today for 10 bucks. I plan on cleaning it up and hanging it on the wall with some of the other stuff I collect. Any info someone may have as to who made would appreciated, I can find nothing on the helmet. When I first picked it up I thought it was a rebel but then noticed that the stars were not on the bars.
Thanks
Jim

helmet2.JPG

helmet1.JPG

That's right, not exactly a rebel but close. There were many variations on the rebel flag design on helmets and this is another, one I haven't seen before. Difficult to identify manufacturer. Any markings on the vinyl ear flaps? How about a shot of the interior? Regardless, it's a very nice helmet worth $100+ on ebay.

Thanks for the fast response DrJ. Here is a shot of the inside. I've looked every where, flaps, rivits, inside and out.
Thanks again
Jim

helmet3.JPG

Could be any of the American helmets of the era. Maybe LSI, Grant or Fury.

This looks very close to the fulmer that I recently restored, not sure if it is fulmer or not, a lot of off brand helmets where made during that era to replicate fulmer. A light sanding of the entire lid followed with some gloss clear coat will really make that glitter POP! great find! good luck!

Back
Top Bottom