My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Wingspan said:
What sort of things are you looking for? I buy most of my OEM Suzuki parts from http://www.servicehonda.com. Don't let the name fool you, they carry parts for just about everything. They've also got the parts fiche online, even for bikes as old as ours. When I've needed items that were no longer available from Suzuki, I usually call Paul Miller Motorcycle at (860)-828-1771. There are some mixed stories out there about Paul Miller, but I've purchased from him many times both directly and through his ebay auctions and have had no issues.

Those two sources and ebay have provided the bulk of my OEM parts.

Well I am looking for the seal that goes in the end of the clutch retaining plate (the one the the six springs locate in). Plus a washer for the clutch nut and the oil fill cap. I can find them online but the shipping was over $20 for $12 worth of parts! Ebay has been great for all of my other parts but I can't find these items on there. I will try the options you suggest, thanks. I also need to get a couple of pistons (+0.5mm) and rings which hopefully I can find on ebay.

johnu said:
Well I am looking for the seal that goes in the end of the clutch retaining plate (the one the the six springs locate in). Plus a washer for the clutch nut and the oil fill cap. I can find them online but the shipping was over $20 for $12 worth of parts! Ebay has been great for all of my other parts but I can't find these items on there. I will try the options you suggest, thanks. I also need to get a couple of pistons (+0.5mm) and rings which hopefully I can find on ebay.

I just ordered a bunch of hardware for both my T500 and DL1000 from Service Honda and the shipping was ~$9. Don't bother with ebay for pistons. I spent an age trying to find a set. I don't think a lot of those sellers actually realize that the left and right pistons are different. Just call Paul Miller for that stuff, he had a NOS set of +0.5mm pistons and rings on my doorstep in 3 days.

Ok perfect thanks, I'll order from service Honda this afternoon and call about the pistons tomorrow.

One more thing, you might want to look at the oil filler cap that Titan Performance makes. It's much better than the stock rubber cork!

1066037796_VeJq3-M.jpg

Darn it! I have just broken the left side oil line to the crankcase. I was just cleaning it and snap now it's in two pieces. I think these are difficult to obtain new, might have to get a used one.

johnu said:
Darn it! I have just broken the left side oil line to the crankcase. I was just cleaning it and snap now it's in two pieces. I think these are difficult to obtain new, might have to get a used one.

EEK! :eek:

I don't think I've seen any new ones come up for sale in the year that I've been looking at T500 parts. It's something I've worried about as well.

I think the line was already cracked to be honest as I barely touch the thing. Here's a pic.

Attachments

• snap.JPG
    snap.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 473
  • oil lines.JPG
    oil lines.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 515
  • oil lines 2.JPG
    oil lines 2.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 1,007

Get new braided lines made for it. Will look way better and will last forever.

Thanks that's a good idea with the braided lines and it would look good for sure, but I want to be able to see the oil flowing through the lines on initial start up after the rebuild. I know it sounds lame but I don't want any oil starvation issues after laying out a ton of dough on the rebuild.

Wingspan, there was a new set on ebay that I bid on but they went for $71, more than I was willing to pay. I really only like the buy it now deal on ebay. Hopefully a used set will come up.

If anyone knows where there are a set of new or used RIGHT side oil lines for sale I'd appreciate a heads up. I'm having no luck locating said oil lines.

I'll keep my eyes/ears open for ya!! At the end of this week, I will be checking with a local guy who has a cycle "boneyard". This older gentleman is in poor health, so I have to wait for his OK to go see what he's got. He told me he has over 550 old bikes in various stages of disrepair. I will find out if he has any old t500s and check on the oil lines for ya. Please remind me if you don't hear from me by the beginning of next week. Tim

Thats funny. I need the exact part and am having the same problems with ebay. Let me know if you find a solution and will do the same for you. Good looking bike by the way. Keep it up.

I've seen on another forum where the following site is a good source. But when searching the fiche, I'm not sure the parts are listed that you need. See what you think: shspowersports

(select oil pump from the toggle)

Wondering if part 15 is what you need. However, this very part is listed as "DISCONTINUED" on BikeBandit. Soooo... itsa shot in the dark. Maybe it will pan out but would hate to send you on a wild goose chase.

Ok guys appreciate you keeping a look out for me.

Sparky, I am going to check shspowersports with a phone call as they are listing the part I need (#15). All other suzuki dealers say it's a discontinued part. Thanks.

Sorry guys no progress to report. Still haven't located my oil lines yet, saw a used one on ebay for $50 plus shipping but couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a used plastic pipe! I may have to go down the custom braided hose route as suggested earlier. Also still haven't been able to find a used lathe yet so I can machine up my steering stem and swingarm parts. I may end up buying a new lathe!! I am also looking for a couple of 30mm lock rings/nuts for my steering stem. I have heard that some of the suzuki gsxr's use 30mm lock rings, can anyone confirm this or know of any other bike that uses 30mm on the stem?

Thanks sparky, are you saying that you think item #13 is the 30mm nut or item #8? I appreciate the help.

johnu said:
Thanks sparky, are you saying that you think item #13 is the 30mm nut or item #8? I appreciate the help.
Right...#13. The other item looks to be just the standard top nut.

Good luck with the momentum on this. My Titan project is slowly picking up the progress. I have an 06 GSXR 600 front end awaiting installation. I'm going the Harley twin disc 1" hub route (a la Squirley build) and lacing to a 19" high shouldered alloy Morad. Hayabusa rotors will finish it out. Looking forward to seeing your bike develop.

sparkymoto said:
Right...#13. The other item looks to be just the standard top nut.

Good luck with the momentum on this. My Titan project is slowly picking up the progress. I have an 06 GSXR 600 front end awaiting installation. I'm going the Harley twin disc 1" hub route (a la Squirley build) and lacing to a 19" high shouldered alloy Morad. Hayabusa rotors will finish it out. Looking forward to seeing your bike develop.
Ok perfect. If I was doing the project over I would have used a GSXR front end, the Kawi 636 is a bit of pain due to the 35mm stem diameter. Good luck with your project, post up some pics for us! Those shouldered rims look sweet - good choice.

Back
Top Bottom