Please pray, send good vibes... whatever you call it.

haircuttergirl

Over 1,000 Posts
If any of you are praying folks, please say a prayer for my friend John. He has been awaiting a heart transplant for quite some time and got his good news yesterday- he got a heart. But there were complications with the procedure and he is not doing well. The surgeon said it was the hardest heart transplant he has ever done. The surgery lasted 15 hours. They spent nearly four hours trying to stop the bleeding and had to leave him open in case it started again. His aorta fell apart last night and now his right ventricle isn't working. They also think he may have had a stroke, but can't check for signs yet. They are currently trying to get him back into surgery, but can't even move him from ICU.
Please pray. For John and his family... and for the donor family.

Thanks.

Hoofhearted said:
Prayers sent for him. That's a rough deal to go through.
Thank you.

Last update was that they have blood flow and are hoping the heart will take. His vitals are the best they've been since they started the surgery yesterday at noon.

My thoughts and prayers are with john and his family and yourself stay strong I know how tough it can be

Certainly. The prayers of the faithful are powerful.

I have a love-hate relationship with transplants (except live-donor kidneys). Love them because they save lives of people with diseased organs - hate them because a young person died (usually in a tragic accident) to provide them. Please sign your donor cards!

Thank you guys so much. It's been nearly two weeks since they started his transplant. He has now had multiple surgeries, a stroke, a seizure, and numerous other complications... Today he has to pass the swallow test so that he can drink. He has been begging for water for days now.
They are moving him out of ICU today :) :) They will also do a biopsy of his heart. Then starts aggressive physical therapy.
It's been a long road and there is still much ahead.

THANK YOU for the prayers and well wishes. They mean a lot to us.

That's great news :) wishing him well and all the family in the road to recovery, stay strong

grcamna5 said:
Hey haircuttergirl,How's John ?
John is glad to be back in his room. Giving his wife and the medical staff a hard time (teasing them/sarcasm... typical John).
All his tests and reports are coming back great. YAY. He still hasn't passed the swallow test though. He is begging to be able to drink something.
They are working on getting him moving. Some days he does better than others. Yesterday he was exhausted just by standing. One day at a time :)
I'm hoping to be able to go visit again in the next couple/few weeks when he is up to visitors/when I can plan the trip.
Thank you so much for asking. Please keep praying :) He still has a long way to go.

Yeah ;) great news let him know he's a popular guy worldwide now 8) haha, that's the power of good thoughts n prayers say hi from the guys in UK :-*

Attachments

• imag0450.jpg
    imag0450.jpg
    933.2 KB · Views: 155
yorkie350 said:
Yeah ;) great news let him know he's a popular guy worldwide now 8) haha, that's the power of good thoughts n prayers say hi from the guys in UK :-*
You're awesome! This will make him smile :)

haircuttergirl said:
John is glad to be back in his room. Giving his wife and the medical staff a hard time (teasing them/sarcasm... typical John).
All his tests and reports are coming back great. YAY. He still hasn't passed the swallow test though. He is begging to be able to drink something.
They are working on getting him moving. Some days he does better than others. Yesterday he was exhausted just by standing. One day at a time :)
I'm hoping to be able to go visit again in the next couple/few weeks when he is up to visitors/when I can plan the trip.
Thank you so much for asking. Please keep praying :) He still has a long way to go.

I'll keep praying

Back
Top Bottom